Critical Listening with Bruce Swedien.....

Bruce Swedien

• Members

I am going to be doing a class at my studio here at home starting in about November. We're shooting for November but it might be a bit later.... Perhaps as late as January...

Anyone interested?

Here's the Syllabus and part of one of the classes....

CRITICAL LISTENING WITH BRUCE SWEDIEN

SYLLABUS

• Members

Do you accept bribes?
:idea:

Is this the clinic thang where you pay ten grand for seven days of fun and sun and bruce swedian??

I was going to try and participate until his SPOKESMAN "KEITH" informed me that the TUITION was TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS "A PERSON".

if that's the case then I guess I'll have to wait until I die and use the insurance money to uh, um, be buried. :thu::wave::wave:

• Members

Is this the clinic thang where you pay ten grand for seven days of fun and sun and bruce swedian??

I was going to try and participate until his SPOKESMAN "KEITH" informed me that the TUITION was TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS "A PERSON".

if that's the case then I guess I'll have to wait until I die and use the insurance money to uh, um, be buried.
:thu::wave:
:wave:

Yes....That's the deal - TUITION is TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS "A PERSON"! Sorry, but the way we are doing it is not cheap.... It is extremely good however!

Bruce Swedien

• Members

Gsus ,

Guys I can't even afford a plane ticket to the U.S. let alone attend a class like that but that's not the frikkin' point here!!

When I read posts written by Bruce I adept them to my own situation and see what I can learn from the posts alone.

Sitting at a venue and listening is a very good experience!!!

There are lots of free concerts given in my country and I attend as many as I can.

Live music is awesome!

The interaction of instruments and players is something you cannot get on a multitracked overdubbed recording.

Live recorded music in a great room or hall sounds so awesome because you can even hear the bassdrum resonate in the acoutsic guitar.

Once I recorded an acoustic guitar and a flute. The same guy played both instruments so I had to track twice.

During a gig he did the ame songs with a flute-player and it sounded completely different,....WHY? because I could hear the flute coming out of the guitar also,...the body of the guitar picked up the flute and it gave it an extra reverb or echo or something but it was amazing,...

I can even get that when I have a singer here and there's an acoustic standing in my studio.

I have this music thingy made of a roll with pointy thingys on it and some iron springs or something,...it's part of an old musicbox. When I turn the wheel it plays very softly,..when I move it to an acoustic guitar the sound gets louder and more beautiful,...when I place it on the acoustic it sounds like heaven,...

When I do that in my livingroom it sounds different then when I do that in the kitchen,...

If you can't afford the class,... don't critisize it or mock it,..instead : turn it into a benefit and make your own class,........

Booshy

• Members

Yes....That's the deal - TUITION is TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS "A PERSON"!

Still interested, but more interested in staying married.

It's understandable but still unfortunate that education comes with a price tag.

My musical associate would probably be interested in this class, and seems to have a surplus of discretionary cash. He was talking about taking some audio classes, I'll pass this along to him. But for me, while I'd gladly make the trip, the cost is simply out of the question.

• Members

Sounds like a fun class.

But, alas, my tuition dollars are going to Park University toward my Master's in Public Administration (concentration in disaster and emergency management). Who knows, perhaps I can join FEMA one day and save a bunch of nice little Florida studios from annihilation... :wave:;)

• Members

Yes....That's the deal - TUITION is TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS "A PERSON"! Sorry, but the way we are doing it is not cheap.... It is extremely good however!

I was wondering how much this would cost. And oddly, I doubt I'll be able to afford a class that it is one/fifth of my salary.

I'm confident it will be a great class, but I'll be rooting everyone on from the sidelines!!

• Members

Bruce Swedien

Bruce, I only respect MONEY for the "tool" that it is. Money is meant to be spent cause you cain't take it with you.

I'd throw them duckies at choo so fast it'd make my ol' ladys head spin right offen her shoulders.

I don't understand engineering like I wish and a few days with you and your brain is well worth any amount it would take to make that happen.

I heard the jaw-droppin'GARNEAU recordings(thanks dudes) and the thriller of that listen just made me wish I was there even more.

all kiddin' aside Bruce, you're an ICON for a reason, so I hope folkes take you up on your generous offer.

To me, just to hear and watch you explain nicheing in a hands-on way would be priceless.

Life is wayyy too short to worry about a few thousand bucks.

Bruce, your knowledge of engineering will be buried with you, so anyone would be better for knowing a little of what you know.

Seriously you old viking, thanks from me for your extremely generous offer, I sincerely wish i could take you up on it. I would, in a skinny minute.

In all ernestness, anybody with a brain KNOWS your offer is a bargin at twice the price.

RLS

• 4 weeks later...

Archived