Never take your wife into an expensive shoe store

Ernest Buckley

• Members

True story...

Several years ago my wife and I are shopping for a suit and dress for an upcoming wedding. Men buy the suit and they`re good to go. Women... they also have to buy shoes. My wife finds this beautiful dress and we go into this shoe shop where she falls in love with this pair of high heeled shoes that cost a whopping $400, about $250 more than the dress. My wife looked at me with those puppy eyes but I had to draw the line. Even though its our money, larger $$$ items need approval from both parties. :D (Good rule btw.)

Anyway, about a week later she happens to go into a Macys or something and finds the exact same shoe for $180. At that point, I couldn`t say no.

However...

Never take your wife into an expensive shoe store!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

But of course I''ve had a an experience like that but...

I went back to that store and bought them. $450, ten years ago. We went out one night and she wore the shoes. Without thinking, she said, "God, I hate these things, they're so tight." Um... honey those are those really nice shoes I got you. "Oops", she said.

Lesson #1: Never buy shoes for someone when they're not there. It was 6 months later. She was very sorry and I made the point, spare my feelings when it comes to 450 bucks. Still, I really love that chick. 450 was worth the smile of appriciation. But ouch.

• Members

Better to keep your wives barefooted and pregnant.
:eek:

What Neanderthal said that?!!!
:rolleyes:

I like the barefooted part, but that's just one of my, um... "things." I think it's due to coming of age in the 70's when all the girls in my neighborhood wore short cutoffs, tube tops and bare feet (and cherry lip gloss). To me the female leg doesn't stop at the ankle, but rather the little toe. Why waste anything? I've never met a part of the female form that I didn't like.

Anyway, to hell with shoes. :wave:

• Members

Is it possible that no one else here has had a similar experience with their significant other?

I and my wife each have our own "fun money" accounts so we can buy fun things for ourselves without asking permission. That happened because when all our money was in the same account I always forgot to ask permission. However, if one of us comes home with a very spendy item, the other one just might have a few questions on the equality of the fun money accounts. That's when it pays to be quick on your feet (figuratively speaking).

• Members

It must be a fetish or something, I find women in high heels and stockings... well... got to go now.
:D

Hmmm, so liking bare feet is a "fetish", but liking high heels and stockings is "normal"?

Can't imagine what people did before high heels existed. :lol: Personally, I consider them some arcane form of torture. Try wearing a pair sometime (in the privacy of your own home, of course :D) and you'll see what I mean.

• Members

Bare feet on women is even better with red nail polish.
:thu:

Yeah, that works too, and it's cheaper than another pair of shoes... just change the color of nail polish or none at all for that "not wearin' nothin'" look.

Dammit! I turned myself on again with my own phraseology. :facepalm: I have to remember not to read these things back once I've written them. It's hot in here all of a sudden. I have to go take a cold shower.

I'll be back.

• Members

Feet are the ugliest part of a man or woman's body. Just.............blech. :facepalm:

Heavily knuckled toes, clamdigger toes, twisted and crooked toes, short stubby toes, bunions, hammer toe, toes overlapping other toes............just.............UGH. :freak:

I always look forward to winter when people start covering up their feet again. :idea:

Now I'm all about some stockings and heels. :love:

• Members

Feet are the ugliest part of a man or woman's body. Just.............blech.
:facepalm:

Heavily knuckled toes, clamdigger toes, twisted and crooked toes, short stubby toes, bunions, hammer toe, toes overlapping other toes............just.............UGH.
:freak:

I always look forward to winter when people start covering up their feet again.
:idea:

Now I'm all about some stockings and heels.
:love:

Thanks for the reality check Verve.

John :phil:

• Members

And "YOU" are a handful!!

I sent you the pic after I cut off almost 10 inches of hair in July right?
:confused:

A handful? Me? I don't know what you mean. I'm very low-maintenance ;)

You sent me a photo but I wasn't aware that you were 10 inches the poorer. I'd like to be able to give you those missing 10 inches, but you know how it is........:o

Archived