Is anyone having trouble getting a bone?

• Members

That is... are you getting close to deciding who you`re voting for?

Just watched the debate. Palin really scares me. She sort of reminds me of the innocent high school cheerleader for the football team... she doesn`t really know much about football except the QBs cute and she just knows how to cheer no matter who scores.

Biden got a little too technical tonight but the guy was running circles around her the entire night, especially when they got into foreign policy. Palin kept resorting back to McCain being the maverick and she being the hockey mom.

Scary stuff....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Palin kept resorting back to McCain being the maverick and she being the hockey mom.

But many people find this immensely appealing. One thing the Republicans do really well is appeal to the masses and Middle America...and do so in a way that the Democrats can't seem to understand, in my opinion.

I missed it, at any rate, because I'm watching the Cubs game. They're losing 0-6 in the 6th inning. Why am I still watching this? Why do I do this to myself? Why? :cry:

• Members

Jeez...

Didn't you guys get the memo?

The economy's gonna tank.

Bush is gonna declare marshall law.

The election is gonna be postponed.

The military is gonna enforce this.

I still need to find out where to get my "mark of the beast" tattoo.

Damn. I hate to wait until the last minute for these things.

The line is SO long.

:facepalm:

M

• Members

Unlikely. I really don't think soldiers signed up in order to start attacking their neighbors. If this scenario is going to happen, it will be because the military is deployed far away from the US, leaving the door open to organizations like Blackwater to enforce martial law...basically, like they did in New Orleans after Katrina.

Bush simply doesn't have the popularity or clout to pull it off. Nor do I think he wants to, he's ready to pack up and go home. It may seem crazy, but I think he was sincere in wanting to do the right thing when he was elected. He knows he's failed, and his time has come and gone.

Oooops, political forum territory...

• Members

Craig, I agree that Bush was sincere, I just think he was the wrong guy for this period in our country. I didn`t vote for him but that does not matter. What I also found interesting last night was how Palin tried to distance her and McCain from the GOP. She spoke as if she were an Independent.

It got to a point there that whenever she spoke I just found myself getting frustrated with the same memorized response. She is so plastic. The Spears of politics.

• Members

In the interest of disclosure, I will vote democratic and many of my thoughts on how things might be done approach what you might call "liberal," but I am as sick as an old dog can be of celebrity politics in all it's many forms. Leo Dicaprio's video? A disheartening embarrassment to anyone who would like to find somewhere to draw the line between entertainment and our society's serious business. The debates? Pure dog and pony glitz, down to every last choreographed turn of phrase--extemporaneous only to the extent that a blues guitar hack stringing the same impoverished riffs together night after night can be said to be improvising...

Celebrity is the supra message.

Funny thing--and this will be very hard to express--I never use the term "Sheeple" or think of people that way, but I DO see the American people, collectively, as this kind of amorphous molten lump that politicians hit--competitively--with crude electrical charges in order to get it to lean, skew, or slide an inch or two in one direction or another, and that miniscule, glacial movement will be decisive...

And yet, it is so paradoxical, because I also see the American people as being very much "in on it," very much savvy observers of a process that they well understand to be superficial, dishonest, all about spin and framing of the moment, all code words and implied positioning...and it's as if we, the savvy insiders hip to the realities of mass media politics, are watching us, the amorphous, gluten mass, to see what "we" will do. It's is as if everyone of us--from us "coastal elitists" the soy farmers and meth lab technicians--are all on some level producers and stakeholders of the show of which we are also the audience and subject. I dunno. I can't explain it, but it weirds me out to no end.

• Members

I missed it, at any rate, because I'm watching the Cubs game. They're losing 0-6 in the 6th inning. Why am I still watching this? Why do I do this to myself? Why?
:cry:

The same reason people let the box-that-talks-with-pictures convince them that their only choice is either the republican or democrat party.

• Members

I wanted to post a parody thread on this one and just add an " R " ,...

I won't do it though,...

True story about erectile disfunction:

My friend told me his dad is impotent, so his doctor gives him this stuff that you actually inject into your penis. Well, he does not read the directions well enough and takes like 4 times the prescribed dose. Needless to say, he got an erection that became very painful and would not go away. My freind said his mom might have been enjoying that, but his dad was in pain. So he goes to the emergency room and they have him laying there with this erection while the ER people preceed to treat the problem. Er nurses, doctors, reception, all had a good laugh, as did my friend. (as did I when he told us the story).

• Members

True story about erectile disfunction:

My friend told me his dad is impotent, so his doctor gives him this stuff that you actually inject into your penis. Well, he does not read the directions well enough and takes like 4 times the prescribed dose. Needless to say, he got an erection that became very painful and would not go away. My freind said his mom might have been enjoying that, but his dad was in pain. So he goes to the emergency room and they have him laying there with this erection while the ER people preceed to treat the problem. Er nurses, doctors, reception, all had a good laugh, as did my friend. (as did I when he told us the story).

This actually is called Priapism and every Doctor knows about that. It takes a simple injection to get rid of it. I can't imagine people in Hospital laughed about it.

• Members

This actually is called Priapism and every Doctor knows about that. It takes a simple injection to get rid of it. I can't imagine people in Hospital laughed about it.

Really? We all thought it was hilarious and even his dad yucked it up about it. But then humor can often be mistaken as rude. Humans are beings that take themselves pretty seriously. I find my sense of humor out of place at times.

• Members

The move toward privatized law enforcement is one the scariest and least publicized developments in America today...

Privatized law enforcement is indeed scary, but our modern police departments grew out of a private police tradition. The history of policing in the U.S. is quite fascinating and would surprise most Americans.

Watch or read

• Members

That is... are you getting close to deciding who you`re voting for?

Just watched the debate. Palin really scares me. She sort of reminds me of the innocent high school cheerleader for the football team... she doesn`t really know much about football except the QBs cute and she just knows how to cheer no matter who scores.

Biden got a little too technical tonight...

And that is precisely what'll win the election for the Repubs.

• Members

And that is precisely what'll win the election for the Repubs.

Actually, I think this is going to come down to color. Racism is alive and well so expect everyone to come out and make sure their color is represented. Yeah, its disturbing but thats the reality even though I would like to think we`re past that.

• Members

I am still totally undecided in this election. I've been a Democrat for 35 years, but just can't get with Obama. McCain will just be another Bush and God help us if Palin were to assume the presidency. She can't put a coherent sentence together; listening to her is like listening to the contestant from South Carolina in the Miss America pageant. This will probably be the first election I vote for a third party candidate.

Archived