Software inquiry...

• Members

What I'm wondering is if there is any applicable solution to a software configuration I would enjoy.

I'm using FireFtp (Thanks, Blue!) in FF3 (:mad:) and I need some software that would combine ftp/with a text editor. Imagine if Fireftp had a third frame in the tab that featured a text editor. Now that would save me a whole lot of time and clicking.

What I was also wondering (based on this whole quandary) was how can I get notepad to open in a tab in FF?

I am not a programmer, but it seems the first idea would be super easy to implement. The second should be easy money for a FF plug in whiz.

Any help or input? Maybe you know somebody that could work up that notepad in a tab thing?

Thanks for your time and input!

It would be nice if I could open a file remotely...can I? I'm not new to ftping but I might have missed a critical function. I was trying it, but after a couple steps into "add programs", I was lost.

:wave:

• Members

I found this:

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Firefox: Open Page Source in Notepad

If you want to view page source of a website, Firefox opens it in the internal viewer. Though this viewer is great with the color coding, you might want to edit the document or want to open it in an external viewer like dreamsweaver, frontpage, etc. For this you have to change the config entries.

Open about:config, go to the key

view_source.editor.external, set it to true.

Next go to the key view_source.editor.path, give your program path there. For notepad, it is C:WindowsNotepad.exe.

From now it will be opened in your favorite editor.

It works like a charm, now if I can just get it to open in a tab...

Archived