Please explain the popularity of Canned Meat

Mark L

• Moderators

Canned fish is a superior product. Tuna... who can live without canned tuna. It's always there waiting for you to whip up some kick ass tuna melts. Just when you think there's nothing in the house... "Hey!! I'll make tuna melts!!!" The secret is fresh lime. All you need is a fresh baguette cut horizontally. Mix the tuna with some fresh lime juice and mayo. Pepper. Parmesan over the top before you broil them won't hurt either.

Anchovies. The Rodney Dangerfield of canned fish. Everybody thinks they don't like anchovies. I make a pasta sauce that will having your head spinning in ecstasy. Every time I make my sauce and serve it up to an unsuspecting diner I get the old, "Oh my God, how did you make this sauce. Incredible." I never tell.

Canned Salmon is always a treat. Take some crumbled saltine crackers and some black pepper and make patties. Fry 'em up in the pan. Put them on a Kaiser roll with some garlic mayo and arugala. Done deal dude.

Canned fish. I love canned fish.

• Members

Canned Salmon is always a treat. Take some crumbled saltine crackers and some black pepper and make patties. Fry 'em up in the pan. Put them on a Kaiser roll with some garlic mayo and arugala. Done deal dude.

Canned fish. I love canned fish.

Oh yeah! I remember when my mom used to fry up some salmon or mackerel "burgers", served them with rice. Yummo!!

• Members

Canned fish is a superior product. Tuna... who can live without canned tuna. It's always there waiting for you to whip up some kick ass tuna melts. Just when you think there's nothing in the house... "Hey!! I'll make tuna melts!!!" The secret is fresh lime. All you need is a fresh baguette cut horizontally.
Mix the tuna
with some fresh lime juice and mayo. Pepper. Parmesan over the top before you broil them won't hurt either.

This reminds me of a coworker that hipped me to a monster Tuna Salad. She used canned tuna w/ all the normal ingredients, but added a dry soup mix to it. It really popped! I've forgoten which soup mix though.

:cry:

Archived