Line 6 GearBox Gold Bundle

Patre

• Members

There is a new version coming out, Line 6 showed it at AES and I'll be doing a video on it. That said, $99 for a Gold Bundle is a helluva deal and I doubt you would be disappointed.

The new version is iLok protected, by the way, but it works as AU/VST/RTAS.

• Members

I bought the Gold bundle on clearance after a very good experience with it when remixing some of my band's old songs. At $99, how could I not? Unfortunately, being the rookie that I am, I didn't realize that the Digi 001/PT LE 6.x system I inherited wouldn't be able to use VST plug-ins. I thought about sending it back since I'm only "hosting" the Pro Tools setup for a few months, but I'll wait and use it with Sonar eventually.

I'm too much of a guitar nerd to embrace digital models in place of real amps, but for (re)mixing purposes, even I can't deny the benefits of GearBox.

• Members

I was surprised that I was able to pickup SampleTank 2L recently for $99. Somehow the sound disc didn't make it into the box but Sweetwater was all over it and IK Multimedia sent out a disc directly to me.

The Gearbox Gold Bundle is probably just what I need for the TonePort KB37. Would it be correct to say that it has a lot more "models" or whatever than the Gearbox version that comes with the KB37?

• Members

I was surprised that I was able to pickup SampleTank 2L recently for $99. Somehow the sound disc didn't make it into the box but Sweetwater was all over it and IK Multimedia sent out a disc directly to me.

The Gearbox Gold Bundle is probably just what I need for the TonePort KB37. Would it be correct to say that it has a lot more "models" or whatever than the Gearbox version that comes with the KB37?

Yep... more of everything!

It's nice!

M

• Members

Just to clarify -- you can still use your Firewire interface for I/O, in which case the TonePort is acting as a dongle. But yeah, Gearbox won't run unless it sees the TonePort.

That's somewhat of a rub for me, it's fine (even great perhaps) for home recording but it negates any serious consideration for live use (that KB37 doesn't fit into any of my live gig plans/rigs).

• Members

I just broke my no more plug-ins rule. This was to good of a deal to pass up. For $99 I only have to like a couple of patches.

That was my thinking too, exactly. And you certainly don't have to limit youself to using guitar pedal models on guitar tracks only -- for a (very) old skool Rhodes thing, run an EP VI through the Gearbox Twin Reverb and maybe a Phase 90 and a Memory Man... :cool:

• Members

I just broke my no more plug-ins rule. This was to good of a deal to pass up. For $99 I only have to like a couple of patches.

Not only are the amp and cab models good, there are models for vocals and bass....for $99. You get a free month of Guitarport Online, a basic drum machine which you can program as a metronome, the ability to play tunes through Gearbox while you jam along.....AND, with the click of a button, you can slow down any sound file while you're jamming.

This is THE best deal I've probably ever bought. :thu:

BTW, I still have my ADA MP-1....it's my main rig. You may know about ADA Depot...the best MP-1 community around with forums and updates to the MP-1.

And....ADA is coming back. Check out the forums there.

Archived