Less than one week after taxpayers rescue AIG Execs Spend $440,000 on Luxury Retreat!

• Members

Justified???? They probably were told by the snooty hotel staff that they were getting a 'bargain' rate.

These people DO NOT LIVE IN YOUR REALITY.

The vast majority of them have grown up with silver spoons in their mouths,

were sent to upper-crust uber-private schools, always had whatever they wanted,

and never had to really work a day in their lives.....

They really think this is normal and cannot imagine your way of life.

(I've worked for too many of 'em in my lifetime.)

• Members

The AIG executives should be mentioned by name and publicly humiliated for this.

I really think the government should not be in the business of bailing out failed financial institutions in the first place.

Considering that both McCain and Obama heartily agreed to the bailout bill, I'd say we as the taxpayers are basically screwed.

• Members

The AIG executives should be mentioned by name and publicly humiliated for this.

I really think the government should not be in the business of bailing out failed financial institutions in the first place.

Considering that both McCain and Obama heartily agreed to the bailout bill, I'd say we as the taxpayers are basically screwed.

Yes, but I'd add that the AIG executives should be fired or pay back the fed funds used to help keep them a float.

• Moderators

This is the part that we should be paying attention to:

Waxman also said there is evidence the two men changed the bonus schedule once the company began to post losses, so that executives under the "Senior Partners Plan" would continue to make multi-million dollar salaries.

"Mr. Sullivan and the other top executives should have had their bonuses slashed due to poor performance," said Waxman.

Archived