No Solicitors. except for Girlscout Cookies.

Coaster

• Members

thats the sign i want to put on my front door. i dont want to buy your magazines, i dont want to talk about jesus, i dont want to donate money to raise awareness of local water standards in congress (this was last week).

DONT KNOCK ON MY DOOR, PERIOD. unless, of course you have girl scout cookies. man i like those.:):):) yep gimmee ten boxes please.

then i will change my phone number. i often get calls for three unrelated businesses that are like one number off or so from mine. always when i am sleeping.

GRRRRRRRRR.

• Members

Yep totally hear you. I ignore the JW people (you can always tell there is always 2 of them :D).

Magazine sales never have any of the mags I would even consider.

I have had a congressman stop by one time, I wasn't home though. I probably would have talked to him though just to see what's up.

Oh and a big hell yea to girl scout cookies, and chocolate bar sales. Plus that stuff goes to kids having a good time 90% of the time so win win!

• Moderators

I get the kids saying they're from the inner city and selling candy bars to fund a trip to Washington. Uh-huh. Scam city. Or the guy asking if I'd like a free copy of the newspaper. No? But it's free! No? Are you sur... But the Girls Scouts. Yep, they get my dime everytime.

• Members

Here's mine:

NO SOLICITORS

No proselytes, missionaries, salesmen, free offers, canvassers, legmen, surveys, giveaways, "educational" programs, etc, etc, etc.

And -- brother or sister -- this DOES mean YOU.

But my front door is at the top of a flight of stairs and some folks seem to feel that once they've put in the effort to go up the stairs they have a right to contravene my stated wishes and annoy me. Usually I just give a stentorian, "Who is it?" through the closed door. And, unless it's a neighbor, or my landlord, the door pretty close to never gets opened. (My friends, by and large, have been trained long and well to call first. When I was a 24 hour party person, my place was often a gathering place -- but even then I sometimes gave exceptionally short shrift to people who showed up unbidden. I'm just not a drop-ins welcome kinda guy.)

• Moderators

Yeah, the Cubs are at a serious disadvantage. They need to brain storm with Otis Spunkmeyer maybe. Or... how about Sam Adams! What would you do if a scout came to your door and asked if you'd like to sign up for a case of Cub Scout Stout? Or Webelo Wheat? Eagle Scout Ale? Scoutmaster Lite? Somebody call the scouts!!!!

• Members

This is funny... I've thought of making a custom sign myself.

No solicitors except Scouts or something like that. But it's not because I want the cookies; it's because I support Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts and other lesser-known Scouting groups.

Over the years the number of creeps knocking at my door trying to sell stuff has gotten ridiculous. I even wrote a letter to the mayor asking why he

• Members

This really happens to you guys? You get solicitors at your door? That rarely happens here, with the exception of the school kids. The local schools send them out in droves. I buy popcorn, candy bars, cookies, and raffle tickets. How do you say no to a little kid anyway?

But other solicitors? Not. Must be our small population in this state. Just not profitable to go door to door when there aren't that many doors.

Archived