AAD ADD DDD

Kaux

• Members

Remember that old code? :p

I just have a question. The last D wasnt meant to point to the mastering equipment used, but to the mastering medium right? I mean if it was mastered with analog equipment i would say DDA for example.

I am writting about it.

• Members

Another brilliant RIAA move that backfired quickly.

Now Jeff, you're being way to critical. Think of all the beneficial initiatives the RIAA has launched in the past, such as...uh...well...hmmm...uh, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

• Members

Yea guys... i know its absolete, and i know it is useless :D

I just wanted to know if the final D (xxD) stands only for the medium, or if it says some thing about the eqipment (Eq, compressors, etc) used for mastering.

:thu:

• Members

Remember that old code?
:p

I just have a question. The last D wasnt meant to point to the mastering equipment used, but to the mastering medium right? I mean if it was mastered with analog equipment i would say DDA for example.

I am writting about it.

AAD- recorded on an analog medium, mixed to an analog medium, mastered in digital

ADD- recorded on an analog medium, mixed to a digital medium, mastered in digital

DDD- damn my ears hurt

• Members

I just wanted to know if the final D (xxD) stands only for the medium, or if it says some thing about the eqipment (Eq, compressors, etc) used for mastering.

It's called SPARS code.

AAD: Analog tape recorder used during initial recording, mixing/editing, Digital mastering.

ADD: Analog tape recorder used during initial recording, Digital tape recorder used during mixing/editing and for mastering.

DDD: Digital tape recorder used during initial recording, mixing/editing and for mastering.

DAD: Digital tape recorder used during initial recording, Analog tape recorder used during mixing/editing, Digital mastering.

• Members

It's called

AAD:
Analog tape recorder used during initial recording, mixing/editing, Digital mastering.

ADD:
Analog tape recorder used during initial recording, Digital tape recorder used during mixing/editing and for mastering.

DDD:
Digital tape recorder used during initial recording, mixing/editing and for mastering.

DAD:
Digital tape recorder used during initial recording, Analog tape recorder used during mixing/editing, Digital mastering.

... and

DDN: Digithal tape recorder used during initial recording, Digithal tape recorder used during mixing/editing. Neanderthal mastering.

• CMS Author

The last D wasnt meant to point to the mastering equipment used, but to the mastering medium right? I mean if it was mastered with analog equipment i would say DDA for example.

"Master" had a diffefrent meaning back then. The first letter was the medium of the original recording master, whether stereo or multitrack. The second letter was the mixdown medium. The third letter was the delivery medium. So all CDs ended with D.

AAD = Analog multitrack, Analog stereo master, Digital final product

ADD = Analog multitrack, Digital stereo master, Digital final product

DAD = Digital multitrack, Analog stereo master, Digital final product

DDD = Digital multitrack, Digital stereo master, Digital final product

They were using 5 letters for a while which included the intermediate steps between stereo mix and CD.

• Members

"Master" had a diffefrent meaning back then. The first letter was the medium of the original recording master, whether stereo or multitrack. The second letter was the mixdown medium. The third letter was the delivery medium. So all CDs ended with D.

AAD = Analog multitrack, Analog stereo master, Digital final product

ADD = Analog multitrack, Digital stereo master, Digital final product

DAD = Digital multitrack, Analog stereo master, Digital final product

DDD = Digital multitrack, Digital stereo master, Digital final product

They were using 5 letters for a while which included the intermediate steps between stereo mix and CD.

Oh thanks... so is about the medium, more than the equipment.

Yeah this stuff is almost funny today. I remember when i was a boy, and i started having interest for music. There was this older boy that some how he could get this revolutionary new discs called CDs... i would buy them for almost $20, and you can imagine how difficult it was for me to save $20 back then...jeje...he was the only one source of CDs for me.:facepalm:

Contrary to nowadays CDs, all those Cds have this code on them, they also have some hiss, and they also have dinamycs...they sound reaaaaally good :love:

• Members

AAD- recorded on an analog medium, mixed to an analog medium, mastered in digital

ADD- recorded on an analog medium, mixed to a digital medium, mastered in digital

DDD- damn my ears hurt

BLAH HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA*coughcough*HAHAHAhehehehhhh....:lol:

Funny stuff (and yet so true :facepalm:)!

Archived