Mrs Nads would like your help

Mark L

• Members

My wife has bought a SanDisk Fuze mp3 player

I downloaded an album for her from MSN Music UK a few weeks ago

I've uploaded the album from my laptop to her mp3 player. It's loaded successfully but it won't play. This message appears: 'Synchronize to continue your music subscription'. What does it mean? :confused:

Both my wife and I are computer-illiterate

Can anyone help? :(

• Members

Hmmm... sounds like one of those evil RIAA plots at work. Try making an MP3 from a WAV file & see if that helps.

Else, you could verify that you do not use VBR (variable bit rate) MP3 files, or that the bit rate is 192K or less. Some players don't handle these things gracefully.

• CMS Author

I downloaded an album for her from MSN Music UK a few weeks ago

I've uploaded the album from my laptop to her mp3 player. It's loaded successfully but it won't play. This message appears: 'Synchronize to continue your music subscription'. What does it mean?

I haven't the foggiest idea, but I'd suggest that you read the manual for the player. Some of these things use hooks in Windows Media Player and aren't happy unless you do it their way.

I have a Toshiba Gibabit MP3 player and I was loading files on to it from the "house" computers (just copying the file from one drive to the other) with no problem. But when I tried to copy something to it from the studio computer, it refused to play that file. I checked the manual and found a reference to Media Player version 10 or above, and since I don't keep up with most Microsoft updates for the studio computer, it had Media player 9. I broke down and updated it, and, like magic, the Toshiba player was happy even though I never actually used Media Player to copy the files to it.

Go figure. It's a communist plot for sure.

• Members
  • CMS Author

This is from Sansa FAQ:

All new PlaysForSure-verified devices use a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) driver to copy files to/from the device. This MTP driver supports the device operations that are required to support the transfer and the playback of purchased Microsoft Windows Media digital rights management (DRM)-protected content.

Interesting. I've never heard of MTP, but that's probalby what my Toshiba player uses. While connected, it works like a disk drive (I can drag or copy files to it and they'll play) but it doesn't pop up the "some USB mass storage device is connected" icon and therefore doesn't need to be stopped (in fact there's no button to do that) before disconnecting. I wondered why that was so, and I guess this is the reason - it doesn't use the USB mass storage driver, it uses the MTP driver.

• Members

Thanks for all your advice, fellas :thu:

Unfortunately, it still won't play the downloaded album. It does, however, play albums ripped from CDs

I bought myself a new mp3 player today (Sony Walkman) and it plays everything I've put into it, including the stuff my wife's mp3 player won't play! :confused:

Oh well, I'm not complaining....

Archived