Soundbooth CS4 adds multitracking and "speech search" auto-indexing for narration...

• Members

That may be the most interesting (to me, anyhow) thing Adobe's done since buying Macromedia to get their dominant web tools, Dreamweaver and Flash. I wasn't crazy about Macromedia but I really have not been a fan of Adobe, at all.

But this is, indeed, quite interesting... I wonder where they bought the technology? ;)

• Members

Here is a description of their Speech search implementation:

Now as the reviewer noted even with a 50% accurate transcript the speech engine will capture enough keywords to enable you to easily search through your audio stream. This really speaks to the heart of what makes this new feature so valuable. Speech search is about speeding up the editing process by enabling you to easily locate specific words in your audio clips. Also, with the new metadata panel you can easily correct words in the transcript. For each word there will be a confidence rating displayed giving you an indication of whether the word is accurate or not.

Adobe HELP FILE WORKFLOW DESCRIPTION http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/WS29F692D2-7A49-44db-A109-AE016B766767.html

I can't believe the amount of time I just wasted researching costs and upgrade pricing into Adobe's various Creative Suite Products.

Every Adobe product I own does me no good

• Members

I wasn't crazy about Macromedia but I really have not been a fan of Adobe, at all.

That's like saying, "I wasn't crazy about Fender but I really have not been a fan of The Beatles at all." Adobe is the greatest software company of all time -- we all use and love the software every single day. Macromedia was incredibly awesome. FLASH. FLASH my friend... Not overlookable. At all.

Archived