For all you keyboard players...

chevybusa

• Members

Hi guys. I'm posting this here because I gave up on KSS a while ago, it's so sad, it has the potential to be such a great resource but for the most part it's just a bunch of immature idiots posting off-topic nonsense, even within on-topic threads...I feel so bad for Gus and Paolo for having to moderate that reptile zoo...Anyways, my question is about breath controllers. I have zero experience with them, and I just got a Yamaha BC3a. I can't figure out the gain and offset controls for the life of me...I'm using it with my S80 and Reason 4.0, and especially in Reason, no matter what I set for gain and offset it's either way to sensitive or doesn't work at all. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot.

• Members

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about breath controllers even though I play keyboards. I've never used one, much less set one up.

For information on keyboards, I would strongly recommend Dave Bryce's forum on musicplayer, Keyboard Corner. Dave is a great guy and a great moderator, and it's a very friendly forum with a lot of keyboard enthusiasts who seriously know their stuff.

• Members

It's been a while since I used one but from what I remember ...

If it is too sensitive you normally need to cut back the gain. After doing that you need to dial in your sweet spot using offset. This is where normal blowing will give you the value/tone you want from your patches. After that, if you cannot get a good growl when you blow hard then you need to adjust the gain back up, then adjust your sweet spot again,

• Members

Thanks for all your replies!!!

UstadKhanAli, once again thank you so much for hooking me up, I'm definitely gonna check out that forum ASAP!!!

Rabid - Thank you so much for helping me out bro! Thanks to you I finally got it to work, and you got me thinking about dynamics...even though I'm just gonna be using it for controlling parameters, it's definitely something I'm gonna be working on! Thanks again guys!

• Members

Yah... thank goodness
Guitar Jam
is a little Camelot of civility and on topic discussion.
:D;):D

:rawk::facepalm::rolleyes:

Guitar Jam is a trip. I feel dirty after I leave there.

I think there should be 2 guitar forums divided by age or IQ or something.

God forbid you should bring up jazz or a question about a a 112 combo...

The keyboard forum isn't quite so bad - I was over there a couple of weeks ago, asking about keyboard workstations best suited to trigger MIDI clips in realtime - I was nearly booted out for not knowing how to play keyboards.

After explaining that I came there because I felt they were the ones best suited to give me an answer with there knowledge of hardware, they gave me some slack...

Thanks, Gus, and the others :thu:

Archived