Yahoo email - what keystroke makes the email you're composing SEND?

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Maybe I'm getting to be a sloppy typist. Maybe it's because I've been tired. But THREE days in a row now, I've been composing an email to someone, and apparently hit some combination of keys that sent the email prematurely.

Does anyone know what this magic combination of keys is? What keystroke makes the email send? Is there a way to disable this function, either by stopping the keystrokes on the computer itself or disabling it through Yahoo?

Muchisimas gracias!

• Members

If you're in the old school interface, you're probably hitting TAB and then ENTER. TAB moves focus to the Send button and ENTER presses it, sending the email.

In the new interface (looks more like Outlook, Eudora, etc.), it'd be CTRL+ENTER to just send or SHIFT+CLICK to send and keep existing draft.

I don't think there's an easy way to disable either behavior.

• Members

Thanks.

It has something to do with the latter two, more likely, since I'm definitely not hitting TAB when I send these Yahoo emails screaming along.

I haven't done this clumsy typing maneuver in Outlook or Eudora, only Yahoo, in case that matters, but the keystrokes are probably similar.

• Members

Ken... as a longtime victim/sufferer of Yahoo mail (I effectively gave up on Yahoo Mail/Calendar when I found someone else's appointments in my 'private' calendar and no attempt to contact Yahoo produced so much as a confirmation reply), I'd like to suggest Gmail, instead.

No doubt you've heard of it...

:D

• Members

Ah... well... there's that.

Too bad you'd have to pay for their 'pro' mail to get forwarding (or pop 3 for that matter). Of course, Gmail does pop 3 for free.

But if you decided to ditch them, you could set up a 'vacation' auto-response to send out your new email addy.

I'm just trying to drag you into 2008, Ken! First we get you in OSX, and then...

• Members

Ah... well... there's that.

Too bad you'd have to pay for their 'pro' mail to get forwarding (or pop 3 for that matter). Of course, Gmail does pop 3 for free.

But if you decided to ditch them, you could set up a 'vacation' auto-response to send out your new email addy.

I'm just trying to drag you into 2008, Ken
!
First we get you in OSX, and then...

I'm picking up a G5 with OS X on Sunday, and then picking up a Digi002. That's right, with a Pro Tools LE that doesn't begin with a "5". How 'bout that, eh?

You'll be happy to know that I also use a cellphone now. Been using one since January. And my car is a 2003. And I'm thinking of getting a car stereo with a USB port very soon. AND....AND...I just replaced my 1998 Panasonic CRT 27" TV with a 42" flat-screen that I purchased from my friend for just $500...good deal!!! Eh? Eh?

In short, what I'm trying to say is that I'm seriously 21st Century now.

Archived