Nina Hagen

alfonso

• Members

I'm recently listening to her stuff after more than 20 years....that lady has the ultimate female rock voice i.m.o.! Not only the stunning technique, the extension, the timbre unbelievable variability, but the spirit! A rock voice in a rock soul, whatever she sings, from the standards to the awesome rendition of the song "Seemann".

I've seen her live in the very early eighties and I've never heard such a vocal powerful broadness and performance anymore in rock music, no matter the sex.

And what a sense of humor she has....great great artist....

• Members

Kosmashiva.

I helped out at an instore appearance by her at a friend's record store in Seal Beach, CA, in the mid 80s. She a little shy at first but was very down to earth and friendly -- not anything like the fiery goddess of chaos she can seem like on stage. A friend gave me her first EP to sign (I had the album she was touring on, too) and when she saw the EP, she just beamed and was even friendlier after that. Later that night it, watching her in performance it was amazing to consider the two personae.

• Members

I haven't seen it, yet, but this appears to be a (perhaps spottily translated) series of bits from Popstars.

But judging from the look of the couple seconds I saw with the sound off, let's just say Nina's not in the running for most dignified aging popstar... :D

Archived