Valley People Leveller (2ch)...Info?

came2play

• CMS Author

Decent, sure. I've never heard a Valley Person I didn't like, but it's not one of those classics that everyone wishes for and that's been modeled into dozens of plug-ins.

Does it work? Do you like what it does to anything you've been working on? If so, use it. If you find it useless, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

• Members

Does it work? Do you like what it does to anything you've been working on? If so, use it. If you find it useless, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I don't have any experience with levellers, so I don't really know what they're for? Could you give me a brief rundown on applications?

• Members

PMI (JoeMeek, etc.) bought the rights to "Valley People" not long ago -- I seem to remember a rumor floating around that they planned on making VP plug-ins... Didn't VP do the Gain Brain comp, and the Kepex sidechain gate?

They'd probably sell the plugins based on nostalgia :)

• CMS Author

I don't have any experience with levellers, so I don't really know what they're for? Could you give me a brief rundown on applications?

Well, it makes the level level. Kind of like an automatic volume control. But if you think it will take the place of mixing or mastering, think again.

Just play some stereo tracks through it and listen. It doesn't have so many controls that you can't figure out what effect they have. Like I said, if you can't find anything that you can make sound better going through it, then you don't need it. Not everything will sound better, but the worse it sounds going in chances are it will sound better coming out.

Archived