Craziest idea for a live show

Guitzilla

• Members

The drum machine thread started me thinking about my very early adoption of MIDI and technology.

In the early nineties, I wanted to have a live show synced to video. My plan was to use a screen behind the band with a TV projector. The system would also use a VCR synced to a PC, so that I could trigger synths, samples and drum machines. Artsy!?!? :rolleyes:

I couldn't figure out how to get usable video from any cheap primitive means, so I scrapped the idea. With Vegas, digital cameras, lightweight TVs, and laptops, this idea could be reasonably done today, but I no longer want to tackle something like this by myself.

What's the weirdest, most unweildly idea that you've dreamt of?

• Members

Some of the craziest ideas for a live show really happened, including:

• the performance artist who slit himself all over with razor blades onstage,

• the performance artist (Joseph Beuys) who rolled himself up in a blanket and put himself in a locked glass chamber with a coyote who'd beeen deprived of food for days,

• the Japanese artist who, onstage, painted canvases on the floor with a brush held by her vagina,

• the SF transie who, onstage, shot out vegetables from her rectum at audience members.

• the guy with a numb, paralyzed, useless foot who guillotined it off and charged people online to watch him do it
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Moderators

I had my own performance art once too.

I had "stomach issues" one night while performing at a little dive rock and roll joint, packed to the gills with 150 drunken beach folk. The band is aware of my condition. Mid set my stomach says "NOW!" and I put my bass on its stand and run to the men's room. The band continues to groove...

...I sit on the thone of a tiny little bath room in pain. No walls to this stall. No stall. Just the bass player in pain sitting on the toilet and roughly 20 guys peering in saying "Aghrghgaghghhhhh dude!".

Archived