How many of you have already voted?

bbach

• Members

Because I live in a fairly small town, long lines have never really been a problem, even on election days with a big turnout. I like the community feeling of a busy polling place, too. Come to think of it, I don't think Massachusetts even has early voting. But I can certainly see why people in cities would use the early option.

• Members

I wouldn't do it.

What if you voted, only to find out the night before election day that the guy you voted for is in fact really a flesh eating alien who requires 11 small children a day for his sustenance, and he has a legion of followers on the way?

Please, wait until election day. For the children.

• Members

I wouldn't do it.

What if you voted, only to find out the night before election day that the guy you voted for is in fact really a flesh eating alien who requires 11 small children a day for his sustenance, and he has a legion of followers on the way?

I voted for my candidate because he IS a flesh eating alien.

• Members

Does early voting end today everywhere? It does around

From what I understand, you can go down to our county auditors office and vote and day prior to Tuesday the 4th, and of course not on the weekend when the office is closed. I could be wrong. I did my voting by absentee ballot by mail. In ND, you don't actually have to be absent to use the absentee ballot.

• Members

From what I understand, you can go down to our county auditors office and vote and day prior to Tuesday the 4th, and of course not on the weekend when the office is closed. I could be wrong. I did my voting by absentee ballot by mail. In ND, you don't actually have to be absent to use the absentee ballot.

They had courthouse voting here on Sunday AM (try that some places - :eek::)) Early voting does, in fact, end today here.

Absentee rules here were unchanged by early voting. You still have to request a ballot.

• Members

I wouldn't do it.

What if you find out the guy is a huge mistake after election day...I wonder, for example, if, most Bush supporters feel terrible for their horrible lapse in judgment (twice). Perhaps they should apologize to the children and sit this one out. :)

• CMS Author

I haven't. I have voted early when I've had a legitimate reason to do so, like I'd be out of town on election day. It used to be easy - I'd just walk in, vote, and be out in less than 5 minutes. But last time I did it, I think probably 8 years ago, there was a long line, a lot of confusion, and I think it took me over an hour to vote and get out of there. And this year, when they're urging people to vote early, they've cut back on the absentee voting hours here and they're open only from 4-8 PM on weekdays. No fun for this mostly stay-at-home retiree.

I'll take my chances with the regular polling place on election day. It's rarely very crowded during the mid-morning, after people who were voting on the way to work have cleared out and the lunch-hour voters haven't arrived yet.

• Members

What if you find out the guy is a huge mistake
after
election day...I wonder, for example, if, most Bush supporters feel terrible for their horrible lapse in judgment (twice). Perhaps they should apologize to the children and sit this one out.
:)

Yes, because Giant Douche is always better than Turd Sandwich in hindsight. :thu:

giantdouchevsturdsandwich7om.jpg

• Members

Errrr right....so whether you are voting prior to the election or on election day, I guess you are wasting your time...can't believe this expensive and ridiculous charade has gone on for 2 years.

Only someone applying for a job with the government would spend 600 million dollars for a job that pays 400k a year. :facepalm:

Archived