Michael Jackson : R.I.P.

kurdy

• Members

Apparently he already hadn't been breathing for 10 minutes when paramedics found him. Doesn't look good.

As he slipped further and further into weirdness over the years, I admit I sort of lost interest, but his music still represents a significant part of my life, and I can't help what a major tragedy this feels like. Here's hoping he's OK.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Mom, of all people, just called me to tell me about this and of course the first thing I did was to check in here. To say that this came out of left-field for me today would be the understatement of the year. I'm totally blown away.

From what I'm seeing he has died. Wow...:cry:

Time for a song

[YOUTUBE]aSqo17o2a1w[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

My son just came in and asked me if I had heard the news that Michael Jackson had died of a heart attack and I thought he was joking until I returned here to the main page of the forum. I was actually posting in other threads and hadn't stumbled onto this thread yet.

WOW!!!! Unbelievable!!!! He's still a young man, considering.

R.I.P. MJ :cry:

• Members

They always say death comes in threes, and darn if that isn't true most of the time.

First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, now MJ. R.I.P. all of them. They brought joy to a lot of people.

• Members

Un-freaking-believable.

In the USA, we think of him as quirky tabloid fodder.

But in the UK, he is still worshipped as a demi-god, one who can easily fill stadiums for several nights in a row.

There are plenty of people in London holding $1000 concert tickets which will never be refunded.

• Members

My oldest daughter called and told me. I introduced her to his music when she was a wee girl and she practically grew up with the Thriller album, while other kids were listening to nursery rhymes. She still has her 'silver glove' Christmas Tree ornament.

This is very sad news for the Industry, and sad news for our family.

Rest in peace, Michael. Hopefully you'll find the peace you sought. Welcome to Neverland.

:cry:

• Members

RIP - Michael Jackson.

When i was a kid I couldn't get enough of Thriller and We Are the World. Every time I would here that song (WATW) I got so excited when it was his turn to sing.

• Members

She still has her 'silver glove' Christmas Tree ornament.

I recall going to the 1983 version of the Minnesota Music Awards, at the Carlton Celebrity Theater in Bloomington the night before the Motown 25th anniversary show aired on network television. One of the performers at the awards show that night was Prince (he won a bunch of awards). Prince pranced around the stage that night with a single lace glove. I thought it rather different, but, that's ok, he put on a good show. He left the glove on the stage after the performance and I was almost close enough to grab it, but didn't bother trying to stretch that far. The next night on the Motown show MJ wore a single glove (I believe for the first time). Of course, MJ's glove was much more jeweled than Prince's, so, obviously it wasn't a case of MJ copying Prince as I suspected at the time, just two people with similar ideas.

RIP Michael

• Members

Great, I can't wait to see all the posting and news about how great he was.

The very same media and individuals, some right in this forum.

Is like people build you up and tear you down like trash.

So lets hear it, how great he was.

AI

Archived