Logic 9 is here...

pbognar

• Members

Looks pretty drooltastic. Lots of stuff for live performing, as well as for studio rats.

One thing though, Snow Leopard comes out in September, but the Logic web page does not say one word about it. No mention of Grand Central or OpenCL support. So, it is likely we'll have to wait for another major version to see such stuff.

Adding such things is non-trivial, just like re-building the Golden Gate Bridge would be non-trivial - they'd likely have to gut it and start over- but the new OS tech was noticeable by its absence.

• Members

Probably best to wait for early performance reports...he sez while reaching for the platinum card!

:rolleyes::cool:

I'm on the phone with them right now... so far there isn't any upgrade path other than the $200 one, and my copy isn't even 90 days old. :mad:

• Members

The good people on the Logic support line told me that my best bet is to contact apple.com/feedback and complain there. They said that unless the corporate office here's from enough pissed off people there's nothing to be done.

*puts on his angry email hat* :o

• Members

Just doing a superduper clone of my OS drive so that incase the whole thing just mess's up I can pop in the backup.

Have my Logic 7 dongle and just copied my serial to a word doc.

All set.

I like the stretching, drum replacement and flex time...

Can't wait.

:)

B

• Members

The good people on the Logic support line told me that my best bet is to contact apple.com/feedback and complain there. They said that unless the corporate office here's from enough pissed off people there's nothing to be done.

*puts on his angry email hat*
:o

Good luck with that. I bought my first version of Logic when it was $900. A couple months later they came out with the next version and cut the price almost in half. I still had to pay the upgrade charge. Now the worst thing is I don't even use it anymore. I use Ableton Live on Mac and Sonar on Windows.

• Members

Good luck with that. I bought my first version of Logic when it was $900. A couple months later they came out with the next version and cut the price almost in half. I still had to pay the upgrade charge. Now the worst thing is I don't even use it anymore. I use Ableton Live on Mac and Sonar on Windows.

:facepalm:

I'm slowly ditching Sonar in favor of Logic. :o I generally went every two versions of Sonar with upgrades... looks like I'll be doing just that with Logic from now on.

• Members

I bought my first version of Logic when it was $900. A couple months later they came out with the next version and cut the price almost in half. I still had to pay the upgrade charge.

Cheer up. Steve Jobs took your money and bought a new liver with it. :thu:

• Members

I've been enjoying a couple of Logic threads at GS. There's this one, where excitement runs high and expectations are mostly rosy: Logic 9 is out

And there's this one, where the folks left posting are, shall we say, a bit out of sorts: Logic 8.1 - What Do You Want

But then, there is this one, which just popped up: Logic 9.1 What do you want? Now, that is forward thinking. Or maybe wishful thinking?

notator1.gif

:love::love::love: :phil::phil:

I had Notator 1.12. And every version after that, up until they killed Logic on the PC. :mad::cry: I still have a Mega ST/e, monitors and all the C-Lab hardware (Unitor, etc.), and Notator 3.21 sitting in storage. It still works too.

Now I have a MacBook that could easily run Logic, and I might have to get it again. But there's no upgrade path for me anymore. And I've been doing fine with other programs (primarily PT HD), so I don't see the need.

But I haven't looked at the link yet. ;):D

• Members

Now I have a MacBook that could easily run Logic, and I might have to get it again. But there's no upgrade path for me anymore.

Phil, I wouldn't be too sure about that. ;)

I believe the upgrade pricing is being offered to people with older versions of Logic Studio or Logic Pro, including PC users:

This is a specially priced upgrade to Logic Studio 9 for owners of Logic Platinum or Gold v5, or Logic Pro 6, 7, or 8.
(
Source
)

Best,

Geoff

Archived