Names For Your Computers

• CMS Author

No, I don't mean %#@!%&! or #^*@$, I mean what you name them for network or OS identification. When I first had to do that, mine were "Mike-Desk" and "Mike-Laptop." My current crop is:

MississippiJohn (Hurt), UncleDave (Macon), CharliePoole,

and SooCow (a song by Bo Carter).

What are your computers' names?

• CMS Author

I don't know what the Mac side looks like. In Windows, the owner is one thing, and the network name is another. If I'm using one computer and want to get a file from another computer that's on the network, this is the name I use to get to the "Network Place" where the file is located.

• CMS Author

Mine have pretty mundane names, but now I'm thinking of renaming one "Mike" and another one "Rivers."
;)

Well, these days I supposed I should appreciate all the honor and glory that comes my way. I'm certainly not going to die with the most toys. ;)

• Members

Max (MacBookPro)

MD (Mirror-door G4)

Piz (Pismo Powerbook)

Minnie (Mac Mini)

Haven't named the G5 yet.

Previous computers were Boris (7300/200), followed by Doris (B&W G3). Ex-wife's laptop was Bianca (G3 iBook).

• Members

My laptop is Hermes (god of travel)

My Desktop is Apollo. Though it's a bit old now and not really the king of computers.

At my previous job I set up alot of servers. Some were the names from Marvel comic books like Thing, Hulk etc. Then I did some favorite musicians Miles, Coltrane and Hendrix. The 5 Marx brothers Harpo, Groucho, Chico, Zeppo and Gummo. Much more fun than server1.

Archived