Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Journey really worth an $80 arena seat?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Journey really worth an $80 arena seat?

After ticketmaster charges, nosebleed seats are $30-50, relatively poor midlevel seats are $70, and floor/club/decent lower and mid-level seats are $80. They have seats in row H on the floor available if I want to Go Large. The wifey would love to see 'em (thinking Xmas present here), but I don't think she'd like 'em that much, when there's so much jewelry and books and whatnot that are fun to unwrap. What do YOU think? Thanks!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Hi!</div>

I've been thinking about seeing Journey and Heart together later this month. I never thought about tickets being that high. Not for a band without the original singer.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><i>My friends have big houses and new cars. I own music equipment.</i></font></div>

Comment

Night Ranger opening for them here, if that makes any difference!

Comment

no.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Century Gothic"><b><font size="2"><font color="DarkSlateBlue"> <br />
        Fender MIM Deluxe Strat W/ Bridge Custom-Custom and Warmoth maple/ebony neck<br />
        Wechter Grand Auditorium Elite Cutaway W/ Fishman Aero 501<br />
        <br />
        Peavey Classic 30 W/ Celestion GreenBack<br />
        Traynor YCV50BLUE<br />
        JJs, Mullards, Electro-Harmonix, <br />
        Groove Tubes, Tung-Sols<br />
        Boss GT-10 Multi-effects processor.<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        “Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either unsolvable or isn't a problem.”</font></font></b></font></div>

Comment

Say JAFH, might that avatar be Harry the Bastard, manager of the local Rumbelows store, disguised as a South African vampire?

Comment

I can't stand watching Neal Schon play. I'd skip it for that reason alone.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

For that kind of $$$, you can buy all their CDs.
              There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

Thanks guys! Ya'll SSS'ers are always good for some solid advice and have always set me straight. Yer the best!

Comment

Is Journey really worth an $80 arena seat?

If you paid me $80, I probably still wouldn't go see Journey. Sorry.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Comment

I'm not cool. And so even though I listen to Javanese gamelan, African field recordings from the 1940s, obscure dub, indie bands, bizarre experimental stuff, and Silverlake hipsters think I have cool CDs and LPs, I'm just not all that cool.

And here's partially why.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and announce that I actually like Journey. Both Journey before Steve Perry, when they were more, I don't know, "semi-proggy," as well as with him. Yes, Steve Perry-era Journey are corporate paint-by-numbers rock. Yes, the music's often schmaltzy. Yes, the trite storybook lyrics bite major ass.

Whether it's because it brings back a lot of great memories or because I actually like the music, I'm not entirely sure. And I realize it's totally uncool.

That said, I would not go to see Journey. The new singer, sure, he can sing, but...I dunno...why?

Here. Watch this video instead. This is the funniest music video you'll see all month!!!!

Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

I can still hear those songs ringing in my head from all the 80s airplay they got. The really good stuff on their first two albums never got much airplay.

Comment

I can still hear those songs ringing in my head from all the 80s airplay they got. The really good stuff on their first two albums never got much airplay.

But now you can hear it for free right here:

'Course, it ain't very funny. For that, see the video above....
                        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

I'm gonna stick my neck out and announce that I actually like Journey. Both Journey before Steve Perry, when they were more, I don't know, "semi-proggy," as well as with him.

I liked some of the Greg Rollie stuff at one time, I suppose.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Comment

After ticketmaster charges, nosebleed seats are $30-50, relatively poor midlevel seats are $70, and floor/club/decent lower and mid-level seats are $80. They have seats in row H on the floor available if I want to Go Large. The wifey would love to see 'em (thinking Xmas present here), but I don't think she'd like 'em that much, when there's so much jewelry and books and whatnot that are fun to unwrap. What do YOU think? Thanks!

Depends on you and your wife really. If she wouldn't love it, than spend your money elsewhere.

Sounds pricey to me. Especially since they're touring with that fake singer.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">Correction - &quot;max is wrong, abrasive and, likely, a felon&quot;<br />
                            <br />
                            finally found it ... the dumbest person on the internet. matximus.</div>

Comment

Journey - A band founded by some guys who left Santana because they thought he was getting too commercial.

Journey - A band who brought Steve Perry on-board because they wanted to be more commercial.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Mudcat007, AKA Mudcat at Musicplayer.<br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              &quot;Never underestimate the power of Eric Estrada.&quot; wraub<br />
                              <br />
                              </div>

Comment

Working...
                              X