Free TC Electronic M30 Reverb plugin

amplayer

• Members

Be careful!

Using Live 7 on my Mac with the M30 Reverb VST plugin sometimes causes Live to go into a crashed state while simultaneously outputting a full-scale volume of pure noise. This is repeatable on my system. All I need to do is switch reverb presets in the M30 while audio is playing and going through the reverb. Eventually, switching causes the loud crash.

• Members

Be careful!

Using Live 7 on my Mac with the M30 Reverb VST plugin sometimes causes Live to go into a crashed state while simultaneously outputting a full-scale volume of pure noise. This is repeatable on my system. All I need to do is switch reverb presets in the M30 while audio is playing and going through the reverb. Eventually, switching causes the loud crash.

Update: When the reverb crashes in live, simply deleting it from the channel strip will fix the issue. Also, while trying to figure it out, I went and got the latest version of Live 7, which is 7.0.18, and it works much faster in Snow Leopard than 7.0.16 did.

• Members

Over at the gear slutz forum lots of Mac/Au guys are complaining, but VST seems to be fine on both platforms for the most part. This plug appears to be the same plugin bundled with the Konnekt 6 where it is called the M40, minus the plate and room algo's.

• Members

I really enjoyed the reverb that came with the TC essentials. That was my first software reverb and still one of my faves. Now days the UAD Plate 140 is my favorite.

Have you demoed the EMT250?

It really impressed me vs the UA140.

...a good 3D algorythmic verb versus a good 2D one.

FWIW -my experience with TC is that I like their delays the most. This is based on my mid priced TC effects rack unit, and my long ago demo of powercore.

• Members

Have you demoed the EMT250?

It really impressed me vs the UA140.

...a good 3D algorythmic verb versus a good 2D one.

FWIW -my experience with TC is that I like their delays the most. This is based on my mid priced TC effects rack unit, and my long ago demo of powercore.

I haven't. Is that a UAD verb too? I can't do UAD-2, so don't go selling me on those, Ken...

• Members
Anyone install this and listen to it? Sound good so far?

Sounds and works great here(PC/XP/Sonar). Although it's a one trick pony(just hall, no plate no room)it does that well and sounds as well as any verb plug I have(IK CSR,UAD 140 etc.). I really like it and it will get use here. Not your everyday freebie.

• Members

Over at the gear slutz forum lots of Mac/Au guys are complaining, but VST seems to be fine on both platforms for the most part. This plug appears to be the same plugin bundled with the Konnekt 6 where it is called the M40, minus the plate and room algo's.

The noise crash I'm referring to is on the Mac, but it is the VST version. Live can use VST or AU effects, but since I use Live on Mac and also on PC, I use only VST effects in Live on the Mac. This makes it dead simple to move Live projects to/from Mac and PC.

• Members

Anyone install this and listen to it? Sound good so far?

I listened to a few of them. The plain Hall algorithms sound pretty good to me. The one they call Orchestral Hall didn't sound that good to me.

Take it with a grain of salt though. I am by no means an expert at discerning reverb quality.

Archived