Is Mackie (Loud Tech) REALLY going under?

miden

• Members

I am looking to buy some new Mackie gear, but I have been reading some threads here that suggest Mackie may be going "belly-up" soon.

Is this really true? Is there any more news out of the USA? We hear so little down here, and when we do its usually 6 months old by the time it trickles through.

Thanks

• Members

It appears not....

http://www.musicincmag.com/News/2009/090122/090122_loud.html

Loud Expands Supply Chain, Dispels Bankruptcy Rumors

Loud Technologies recently announced two new contract manufacturing (CM) partners and the reallocation of production for certain EAW and Mackie products across its worldwide supply chain.

The expansion helps replace capacity lost when the prior CM for those products discontinued operations in December 2008. Meanwhile, supplies of all other EAW and Mackie products

• Members

Well they did have several booths at NAMM. I do know a person in their sales management team and he told me they wanted to go private (like GC did). He told me nightmares about the hoops they had to jump through, being a public company, in the post Sarbanes

• Members

No not at all Timmit.. Thats good info...So from what you are saying they do not SEEM to be going bankrupt anytime soon. I guess if they financed booths at NAMM, it cannot be all bad...

I just got a bit "antsy" about buying this new product after reading other comments.

Now as long as the gear is as good as the old Mackie, no problems :)

Thanks for that

• Members

I think all manufacturers are going through some tough times. Ive been eyeing the new Mackie 1640i (I have the 1640 and a Mackie MCU) and based on those products, I have no problems buying new Mackie stuff. If they go under they go under. If anything needs repaired there is a great shop here in the USA that repairs Mackie stuff and mods it.

• Members

I think all manufacturers are going through some tough times. Ive been eyeing the new Mackie 1640i (I have the 1640 and a Mackie MCU) and based on those products, I have no problems buying new Mackie stuff. If they go under they go under. If anything needs repaired there is a great shop here in the USA that repairs Mackie stuff and mods it.

LOL, yeah but not here in Oz :)

• Members

Yeah Coaster after all the great advice I have received, I now agree as I have decided to go with an Allen and Heath Zed12 FX instead :)

The consensus against Mackie (LOUD) was pretty overwhelming. And not just on the Harmony C fora either.

Its a bit bigger, but i have not read one bad word about the A+H gear....I just need to get a decent firewire i/f now :)

Cheers

Dennis

• Members

Of the few people in this forum who would actually know what's going on, none of them have chimed in.... wonder what
that
means?

This thread is a little creepy. If you search Google with the More Options (time filter) on you really won't see any rumors other than a cross-posting in the Live forum and the perpetually angry Tracktion users posting on a competitive mfrs. site. I'd like just a little more substance with my speculation.

• Members

This thread is a little creepy. If you search Google with the More Options (time filter) on you really won't see
any
rumors other than a cross-posting in the Live forum and the perpetually angry Tracktion users posting on a competitive mfrs. site. I'd like
just a little more
substance with my speculation.

Yep. Must be disgruntled ex-employees or a consumer who got a defective unit. Thats gonna happen with all manufacturers. Hell I have Behringer stuff that works just fine. :thu:

• Members

Well, with respect, why do these smart#rses not say anything and instead try to help someone who does NOT know what is going on????

Instead of pontificating lordly at the end as if they are in on some big secret that only approved members of their "gang" can know about???

• Members

This thread is a little creepy. If you search Google with the More Options (time filter) on you really won't see
any
rumors other than a cross-posting in the Live forum and the perpetually angry Tracktion users posting on a competitive mfrs. site. I'd like
just a little more
substance with my speculation.

huh? check their stock prices.

• CMS Author

A trusted friend at Mackie told me at the NAMM show that it looked like by the end of 2009 things were solidly on an upswing. But this only means (to me) that they're not going to close the doors. They have some new products in the works, and that's where their focus is.

When it comes down to counting the beans, it's more profitable to them to release a new product and have it sell well than to spend engineering hours writing new drivers for discontinued products. When a company needs to get ahead on their balance sheet, profit often comes ahead of good will. There will be some grumbling and disgruntled "formerly faithful" customers who swear they'll never buy another Mackie product, but hopefully there will be enough income from new customers who don't believe the "rumors" that they'll get solidly back into the groove.

But of course I know nothing.

• CMS Author

Before what? What's your point? Before what? You wanted someone to say that Mackie was doing OK before they knew Mackie was doing OK? Or did you just buy a Behringer mixer and now you regret it because it looks like Mackie might not go under? And why did you expect there to be an "expert" here who knew about the business dealings inside Mackie? And if the CEO read this forum, you think he'd tell you (or tell you anything other than "We're doing great. Spend money with us in conficence"?

• Members

Before what??? Can't you read.....if you were actually following the thread, and not just trying to pose off with so called "insider info" wink wink, you would know exactly what was happening.

And where the f#%k did you get Behringer from????

• Members

Before what??? Can't you read.....if you were actually following the thread, and not just trying to pose off with so called "insider info" wink wink, you would know exactly what was happening.

And where the f#%k did you get Behringer from????

Dude. Chill out. If anyone has insider info its Mike. But seeing how you only have a few posts to your name and dont know who he is, we forgive you. Hey Admins !!! Close this thread, please. :facepalm:

• Members

Dude. Chill out. If anyone has insider info its Mike. But seeing how you only have a few posts to your name and dont know who he is, we forgive you. Hey Admins !!! Close this thread, please.
:facepalm:

I am totally chilled...perhaps you should re-read his first line. Seemed awfully like a challenge/throw-down to me.

Close the thread, I don't care. I have bought my Allen and Heath now. As I said, some good advice given by folks early on helped greatly.

In any case it was more the advice that Mackie gear is not what it was and that failures have been happening. That coupled with administration rumours, well, you know.....

• CMS Author

I am totally chilled...perhaps you should re-read his first line. Seemed awfully like a challenge/throw-down to me.

Talk about "challenge/throw-down!" Your first post here was on Jan 23. I replied two days later, and you wanted to know where the replies BEFORE were? Dood, I'm not a mind reader.

I saw your first post but I had other things to do so I didn't reply immediately. I figured that you'd get some feedback from others (which you did). I've been tending to hold back on on my "defend Mackie" posts because, since I've had a previous association with the company - though it's been nearly 10 years now - I've accused of being a shill.

I just made up the part about the Behringer. I didn't remember that you had actually bought an Allen & Heath. Without a doubt you have a fine mixer there and there's nothing to be concerned about that a Mackie might have been better. I really liked the ZED-R16 that I had in for review here, and liked it better than the Mackie 1640 that I have (but I didn't run out and buy one).

What's wrong with the mixer you bought? And if you just bought it and would have rather had a Mackie now that you "know" that they're not going to go out of business (do you ever really know?), why don't you exchange it? If you bought it only two days ago, any reasonable dealer would let you change your mind. To me, it appears (I've just re-read the thread) that you made up your mind in just a day that you didn't want a Mackie. Now you're upset at ME for telling you that your rumors were probably out of date?

I'll concede that how a company appears in Ozland is probably different than in their home country, and your distributors there may have been frustrated at not being adequately supplied with Mackie gear, passed that down the chain to dealers, and that's how you heard what you heard. So it's possible that what I told you, based on what I know, may not apply where you bought. Sorry, I can't help you with that. I don't know anything about Mackie's international operations or support.

now. As I said, some good advice given by folks early on helped greatly.

Again, I asked, what's "early on?" Your first post on this subject here was two days ago.

Archived