Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to hear my daughter's new song?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil.

If your daughter has interest in a release in China and Taiwan, let me know and I connect you with the international manager of my record company in Shanghai. Here a prospect of the company in English: Shanghai Synergy_english.pdf

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cy2m8a

Thanks!

Is the other mv you linked several months ago available for viewing?

You mean her Lady Gaga parody? :lol: If so, then yes, it's still up. But since I caught some flak for it last time:

WARNING: Contains graphic displays of nasal discharge, including just about everything you could imagine toddlers - or grown adults - doing with said substance. Not for the squeamish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjgvpTKv5x4

She did that all on her Core 2 Duo MacBook. Song production (in Garageband), video production (with the built in camera and iMovie) - the works. The two girls in the video are my kids - the baby is Anastasia (Stasi) and the singer is Samantha.

Here's a non-weirded out pic of Sam:

Her day job is as a teacher for preschool for Chino Unified, so she deals with snotty noses on a regular basis... which is probably what gave her the idea for the parody. And yes, she got permission / releases from all the parents of the kids who appear in the video.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

You mean her Lady Gaga parody? :lol:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjgvpTKv5x4

how many daughters do you have?

Comment

This is really good, I like big atmospheric songs.
        Gotta have my Guitars, gotta have my Keyboards, gotta have my computers so I can record my Guitars & Keyboards!

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/hooksinger

She does a lot of "hook singing" on "Latino Rap" records. I'm not big into Rap, so I don't know who most of the folks she mentions on her page are, but I do know she's been on a lot of tracks that have apparently done pretty well. She gets played on KISS FM quite a bit.

Some of this stuff is bumpin', like the "Nike Cortez" track. Nice sense of rhythm, got some hooks, and she sounds good. I just listened to a couple, but there's some good stuff there.
          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

how many daughters do you have?

Four.

Two from my previous marriage - both of whom were profoundly developmentally delayed. And then two step-daughters from my wife's previous marriage - Sam and Stasi.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Spooky music...me likes!
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Music -<br />
              <br />
              My band: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband</a></div>

Comment

Oh yeah!!!

Nice. Reminds me of early Garbage. The band I mean. That's a good thing to me. I love this. Very cool modulated guitar motif there. Then the vocal build up in range. Then FUZZ BASS!!!! Nice work Phil and Sam.
                ___

Comment

Thanks for listening everyone. I'm probably going to make some changes, and when it's fully finished, I'll repost it.

- George Carlin

Comment

I really really dig the atmosphere and Phil, you are fantastic on instruments as Sam is with vocals. I'd just like one lead vox take a bit hotter, I'm having trouble hearing the lyric. Big thumbs up!
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">-David <br />
                    <br />
                    (the artist formally known as DC before the move to HC)</div>

Comment

I have never replied to anyone before, but I felt obligated to tell Phil the truth. Your daughter sings ok, but the song is god awful and you all know it. No offense truly not trying to be a dick, but how can you ask your friends to critique your daughter's work and expect the truth.

Have a nice day.

Comment

every mind has the choice between truth and repose, take which you please, you can never have both

Comment

I like the vibe and texture! Great mood and it suits the twilight Saga very well.!,...but hey phillaDilla,... can I do the drumtrack next time?
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.<div align="center">Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.</div></div>

Comment

I have never replied to anyone before, but I felt obligated to tell Phil the truth. Your daughter sings ok, but the song is god awful and you all know it. No offense truly not trying to be a dick, but how can you ask your friends to critique your daughter's work and expect the truth.

I actually wasn't specifically looking for critiques, although they're always welcome, and I do appreciate hearing what people honestly think. I really DON'T want anyone to feel they have to or should blow sunshine up my backside. If you don't like the song (and you're not the first person to say they didn't - but might be the first in this thread), I'm OK with that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion / POV. I've heard both good - and bad - things about the song itself from people I know... and people I don't. Same with the mix, and the bassline, and now (from Boosh) the drums...

Have a nice day.

You too. Thanks for taking the time to register and respond.

- George Carlin

Comment

I actually wasn't specifically looking for critiques, although they're always welcome, and I do appreciate hearing what people honestly think. I really DON'T want anyone to feel they have to or should blow sunshine up my backside. If you don't like the song (and you're not the first person to say they didn't - but might be the first in this thread), I'm OK with that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion / POV. I've heard both good - and bad - things about the song itself from people I know... and people I don't. Same with the mix, and the bassline, and now (from Boosh) the drums...

You too. Thanks for taking the time to register and respond.

Check the IP - it's probably weewus. :cop:
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Music -<br />
                              <br />
                              My band: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband</a></div>

Comment

:lol: I already did.

And no, even though I didn't dig deep, it didn't appear to be him.

And my reply was in earnest, and I took no offense from his post.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X