Pro Tools users - do NOT update to 8.0.3! (from Phil on Phil's forum)

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Too late for me -- I've already upgraded to 8.0.3.

Well, at least I usually monitor at low volume levels; so if the "random, full scale white noise bursts" happen on my system, I should be okay.

I also have Logic & DP installed, so I can migrate to one or the other of those for awhile and sit out the storm until PT 8.0.4.

Good luck, Phil.

Best,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

BTW, there seems to be some suggestion over on the DUC that this is more likely to happen (with the noise bursts) if you're recording multiple tracks simultaneously, as opposed to doing things a track or two at a time, so it may not effect you at all. Like I said in that thread, some people are not having any issues at all, so hopefully, you'll be among them. :)

• Members

i escaped back at version 5.2.3, what is taking you guys so long? how much money have you paid for all those stupid hairpulling 'never work right' updates? i stopped sending them checks years ago and havent had any problems with digidesign malware since i removed it all from every computer i own.

my point is, why do you put up with this crap? the random white noise burst issue was one of the final straws for me in version 5. looks like years and years later its still the same crap, havent fixed it yet!

i escaped back at version 5.2.3, what is taking you guys so long? how much money have you paid for all those stupid hairpulling 'never work right' updates? i stopped sending them checks years ago and havent had any problems with digidesign malware since i removed it all from every computer i own.

my point is, why do you put up with this crap? the random white noise burst issue was one of the final straws for me
in version 5
. looks like years and years later its still the same crap, havent fixed it yet!

OH NOES!! Here it is!!!

The one and only customer in the world which fully realizes Pro Tools is a lie, I tell you, a lie !!

Biz is Over, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D

Sorry Coaster, I just found funny you may ever assure that.

Sure, this seem to be a serious bug which needs a quick fix, but I may not agree that this or any other software commercially available with growing business for years, does simply "never work right".

On subject:

It seems 8.0.3 should have only been installed in Windows 7 and Snow Leopard machines, and not under Win XP / Vista / Leopard. I'll get back when I have some more info.

That said, I have 8.0.3 on Leopard :facepalm:

No problems at all, tough -yet-.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8.0.3 cs2 is ready for download

Pro Tools HD 8.0.3cs2 is provided as an interim "customer support (CS)" release to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown these changes to introduce other problems, the fixes described have not been fully qualified by Avid.

What's Included in Pro Tools HD 8.0.3cs2 for Windows?

Fixed: Intermittent noise bursts during playback (Item #122506)

In some cases, Pro Tools on Windows XP could intermittently emit white noise bursts or distortion during playback

Archived