No announcement yet.

Which is you favourite VST chorus?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Footnote to my earlier post, above

The Cakewalk chorus plugin I like so well is called SpectraFX. Some quite sophisticated chorusing presets.
    Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Anyone use the CE-1 stompbox VST from Universal Audio that runs on the UAD-1 or UAD-2 cards? I'd like an opinion before spending the $99.

It's pretty damn close to the real thing with some extras tossed in. The Dimension D is great as well. The Roland bundle is nice, that way you get the Space Echo as well.
      Support Live Music!

Comment

Just to on that Blue Cat freeware. On my Scarbee Rhodes, it's just right - makes the sound float and drift just enough, no obvious repeating pulses, just a sweet amorphous ambience.....yow!

nat whilk ii

Thanks!!!! So glad you like it. It's free...and it sounds really great and they seem like a friendly company!!!

I was listening to one of my rough mixes in the car earlier today, thinking, "Hey, I wonder what I did with that acoustic guitar? It sure sounds big and full and beautiful!!!!" And I ended up opening it up this evening to find that I had a Blue Cat Chorus on it. Wow. I did it a few months ago and didn't remember what I did to it, but the client wanted me to work on that a little bit, and so when I saw that Blue Cat Chorus on the acoustic guitar track, I just smiled and thought, "So *that's* what's doing it!"
        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Yeah, I have the Blue Cat as well. I like it.

Comment

I have no idea how it stacks up compared to everything listed or if it would be a good fit for your particular application as the only other chorus plug-in I have any experience with is Audio Damage Liquid (which I also like) but I can say that I really like the D16 Group's Syntorus.

http://www.d16.pl/syntorus
            Originally Posted by co&cafan808

chevybusa ****************in delivers the lulz!!!

Using and abusing Reason 4.0 (with tons of ReFills) and Logic 9 (with tons of soft synths, VSTi's and plug-ins)
            via
            a Yamaha S80 (with 2 FC7's, an FC5, an FC3, and a BC3a) and a Behringer BCR2000
            on
            a 4GB 2.53GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Mini
            with
            AKG K77 headphones or M-Audio BX5a Deluxe monitors.

Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer

Ahhh...John Cage. The ultimate troll.

Originally Posted by Anderton

Just remember...machines don't kill music, people do.

Comment

Get two, three, four, whatever vibrato plug-ins. Run them in parallel and set them to different rates. Sum them together in mono. Sonic Nirvana! Not only that, but with proper tweaking, you can also do killer flanging.

Even better: Modulate the speed of one or two of them from a highly integrated (smoothed) envelope off your guitar.

This is a big secret so I hope you read this message soon. It will self-destruct in five minutes.

BTW Mats - I sent you a copy of the epic Hall E video you hosted for your viewing enjoyment. You outdid yourself this year, and it should be posted in the HC Theater soon. I still have to separate it into four parts to put on YouTube, though. Thanks Mats!!
              There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

This is a big secret so I hope you read this message soon. It will self-destruct in five minutes.

Can you set that to three weeks, I am a slow reader.

Comment

BTW Mats - I sent you a copy of the epic Hall E video you hosted for your viewing enjoyment. You outdid yourself this year, and it should be posted in the HC Theater soon. I still have to separate it into four parts to put on YouTube, though. Thanks Mats!!

Hi Craig,

Just downloaded it but haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the "promotion". Hope loads of people watch it.

Cheers,

Mats N
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  BT King - all my backing tracks can be found at :
                  http://nermark.articulateimages.com

Comment

Craig, do you have any favorite vibrato plugins?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Get two, three, four, whatever vibrato plug-ins. Run them in parallel and set them to different rates. Sum them together in mono. Sonic Nirvana! Not only that, but with proper tweaking, you can also do killer flanging.

Even better: Modulate the speed of one or two of them from a highly integrated (smoothed) envelope off your guitar.

Oh, dear....will the EQ Magazine article that you wrote that in also self-destruct in five minutes?
                      Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

That one was about flanging, this post was about chorus...admittedly similar, but with some subtle differences.
                        There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

Working...
                        X