So how's the Sonar Home Studio book coming ?? ....

djwayne

• Members

Actually, it's done! I got the proofs about two weeks ago, it's all laid out and is either on the way to the printer or at the printer. Don't know how long it takes to "fill the pipeline" after that, but it should be out before too long.

It ended up being almost 400 pages (!) and I have to say I'm quite proud of it, I think you'll find lots of useful information.

• CMS Author

Actually, it's done! I got the proofs about two weeks ago, it's all laid out and is either on the way to the printer or at the printer. Don't know how long it takes to "fill the pipeline" after that, but it should be out before too long.

Ah . . . so that means the program will become obsolete in about another two months? ;)

• Members

Ah . . . so that means the program will become obsolete in about another two months?
;)

Probably, but I'm planning on keeping Sonar Home Studio 7 XL for a long time. I really like it, it has all the features I need, and it is easy to use. So getting all the information and training tips is important to me.

This book will also work as a good reference book, to look up any problems or speed tips in the future. Reference books are cool.

:thu:

• Members

Ah . . . so that means the program will become obsolete in about another two months?
;)

Actually, from what I understand (I could be wrong) the next major update isn't scheduled until early 2011, so I have a window of about nine months for the book to sell. But also, Sonar Home Studio isn't going away. If I can get an early beta of the next update, I'll be able to update the book for the next rev. Being very familiar with Sonar itself, and with Home Studio being a subset, updating shouldn't be too difficult.

• CMS Author

Actually, from what I understand (I could be wrong) the next major update isn't scheduled until early 2011, so I have a window of about nine months for the book to sell.

Oh, sure. I was just givingyou a hard time since you made that comment in the "bites the dust" thread about publishers not wanting to publish books about specific products because they go out of date so quickly. I'm still selling a few copies a month of The Last Mackie Hard Disk Recorder Manual even though the Mackie recorders have been out of production for more than five years. But I guess that as long as there's eBay, there will be people buying these things for the first time.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just received the book today from Amazon. It's beyond awesome. It has hundreds of screen shots and text explaining every aspect of the Home Studio 7XL program. This is a must have for anyone who wants to become a power user. 414 pages !!

I rate it *****5 Stars.

• Members

I just received the book today from Amazon. It's beyond awesome. It has hundreds of screen shots and text explaining every aspect of the Home Studio 7XL program. This is a must have for anyone who wants to become a power user. 414 pages !!

I rate it *****5 Stars.

Wow, thanks! Did you review it for Amazon?

BTW - I will be writing a new series of books for Course Technology over the next year or so...will give more details as they develop.

• Members

No I haven't reviewed it for Amazon yet, but I will. I have given a quick early review on on the Sonar Home Studio message board at Cakewalk.

I've been reading it last night and today, and re-learning the whole program from scratch. This book is a fantasic guide thru the program. Lot's of detail. I'm learning a lot from this book already. Thanks a million for writing it !!

:thu:

Archived