X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exile On Main Street - Stones
    Aja - Steely Dan
    Full House "Live" - J. Geils Band (best R&R live album ever)
    Blow By Blow - Jeff Beck
    Jaco Pastorius - Jaco Pastorius
    Thanks, I'll Eat It Here - Lowell George
    Waiting For Columbus - Little Feat
    Security Officers have been trained to not touch the service monkey

Comment

How could I forget the late great Buddy Holly?...it was this month...you know the rest.

now now... lets not forget his ex. Also would help if most of the Clear Channel big wigs were aboard... the day music got its hope back.

Comment

those old albums I loved whilst growing up

Comment

Robert Hood- Minimal Nation
          Derrick May- Innovator

Comment

Too many in my collection to pick. I'm gradually converting my vinyl to digital and when I listen I normally have playback in random mode. I guess a related question is "If you were stuck on an uninhabited island with nothing more than all the food you could eat for the rest of your life and a great sound system what record would you select to accompany you?" I would select a record by a formally local Minneapolis band, the first album, self titled, (I'm cheating because it's a double) by the band Gypsy. I pick this because it's a great album (er, pair of albums) and it brings back nice memories.
            My new webpage: http://www.richardkingmedia.com/ Take a look and let me know what you think.

Comment

+1 BRO

I still wish it had been Kevin Federline in that plane instead of Buddy.

Or at least one of his parents.
              My new webpage: http://www.richardkingmedia.com/ Take a look and let me know what you think.

Comment

Abbey Road - I just love it

a selection of my songs: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101

Comment

These days, that list gets shorter and shorter. When I was younger--I had musical tastes that some might call, er...questionable. Lets just say I was a big adult contemporary fan. There were a ton of albums I kept going back to, by Celine Dion, Michael Bolton (yeah I know), old school Mariah Carey, Luther Vandross, Whitney, etc.. I was much into the production and musical arrangements, rather than the artists themselves, who I think were often interchangeable. My heroes were people like David Foster, Walter A., Babyface, Narada Michael Walden, etc. Now, I can only take that music in small doses, or I start getting a toothache. But whether you like that music or not, there's no question the musical arrangements and production were top-notch, and I feel that I learned a lot musically by listening to them.

Nowadays, it seems the only thing I've consistenly gone back to is classic Elton John. I love the sound of Tumbleweed Connection, Madman, Honky Chateau, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. You can't beat that early to mid '70s string of albums he put out.

Everything else I sort of go through phases with. Some exceptional stuff I've listened to recently is John Mayer-Continuum, Arcade Fire-Neon Bible, Wilco's latest one, Regina Spektor-Begin To Hope. There's one I'm currently planning on purchasing and that's the one from the guy who calls himself Owl City. From what I've heard so far, the guys a darn good songwriter. So that CD should keep me entertained for a few months. And then I'll probably move on to something else.

Comment

Joni Mitchell - Hijira, Court and Spark, Hissing of Summer Lawns and Don Juan's
                    Pink Floyd - DSoTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals
                    King Crimson - Discipline and Beat
                    Beatles - Rubber Soul through Let It Be
                    The Who - Quadrophenia, Who's Next, Who Are You, By Numbers
                    US - Achtung Baby, War, Joshua Tree
                    John Coltrane - Love Supreme
                    Miles Davis - Kinda Blue
                    Led Zep - Been on a Zep kick lately and have been going back listening to all of them.
                    Allman Bros - The Allman Brothers Band
                    Something...

Comment

Anytime I need a jolt of psychic energy, Deep Purple's Made in Japan will do the job.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

Thanks, I'll Eat It Here - Lowell George

Six feet of snow... comin' through my radio...

Comment

this olde son findes himself going back again and again to my own tunes.
                          Just the other day one of my schoolmates was singing one of mine to himself during class break. (OLDE LOVE)
                          I was amazed and humbled.
                          I recognized it and mentioned it to my school chum.
                          He just went on and on about how he couldn't get it out of his head. wow!

this is one of my faves.
                          A jazz type cover that was recorded by me a few years ago. It does something to me every time. MY EVERGREEN thanks for lettin' me share. TD
                          ROOTS BASED MUSICS: Blues ,Jazz, Reggae, country and more

Comment

Soul music of the late 60's/early 70's.

I didn't buy that music. It was just ever-present in my young life. Hearing Billy Paul, Issac Hayes, Bloodstone, The Manhattans, Bill Withers, The Jackson 5ive. This music played in my neighborhood. It was the music of our older sisters and brothers. It poured out of car windows and AM radios from next door's garage. Through our older sibling's closed bedroom doors. Or dripping out of my mom's car AM when I could convince her to tune in pop music...

I love it.

Comment

Help, Hard Day's Night, Rubber Soul & Revolver - Beatles (actually their whole catalog)
                              Avalon - Roxy Music
                              Murmur - REM
                              Under a Blood Red Sky - U2
                              It Came From Nashville - Webb Wilder & the Beatnecks
                              Batman & Other TV Themes - The Ventures
                              Green Thoughts & Blow Up - The Smithereens
                              She's About to Cross My Mind - The Red Button
                              Synchronicity - The Police
                              Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears for Fears
                              Pet Sounds - Beach Boys

These are the ones that tend to get played over and over again.
                              Mudcat007, AKA Mudcat at Musicplayer.

"Never underestimate the power of Eric Estrada." wraub

Comment

my baby photo album

Comment

Working...
                                X