Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see the death of that Georgian luge-r, but I hear it was shown explicitly... and was ghastly...
    Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

I think you'll find almost everything at http://www.ctvolympics.ca/ .

Fixed that for ya. **************** NBC and their tape-delaying, exploiting the death of a luger just for ratings bull****************.
      Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

I hear ya. Not that I'm defending NBC, but they did stop replaying it after one or two airings (which is already one or two too many, in my opinion).
        Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

I hear ya. Not that I'm defending NBC, but they did stop replaying it after one or two airings (which is already one or two too many, in my opinion).

One or two? No, they aired it at least 20 times on Friday. It was only until Saturday, the first day of competition, where they decided not to air it anymore.
          Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

Seriously? I only saw it once (which was more than I ever wanted to), and didn't realize they'd continued airing it. Horrible.

Comment

The lyp-sync was really nice.
              If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.
              -- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Seriously? I only saw it once (which was more than I ever wanted to), and didn't realize they'd continued airing it. Horrible.

I actually didn`t see it on TV but I did google it and saw it online... don`t know why I watched, one of those weird things we do I guess but my heart goes out to his family who watched him live his life pursuing his dream. As sad as his death was and is, it brings me some comfort knowing he was doing what he loved. I know that may also sound weird but think about it, when you go, wouldn`t you rather go doing something you love like making music? Even if it means getting zapped while plugging your guitar into an amp...

With that said, it seems this track was built for un-godly speed and many athletes were complaining about it. So it seems that this should not have happened. Thats a real shame.

Comment

The lyp-sync was really nice.

Well, it wasn't a concert. I would have had them lip sync as well, had I produced it. And do you REALLY want to hear Bryan Adams sing live? I barely want to hear him under any circumstances.

Comment

I know that may also sound weird but think about it, when you go, wouldn`t you rather go doing something you love like making music? Even if it means getting zapped while plugging your guitar into an amp...

No! I want to die in my sleep as a really old guy. Dying seems really stressful. I'd like to avoid that. Not death, but the realization that it's arrived. That way, I can just wake up and be dead. Or not.

Comment

changed the channel after 10 seconds

Comment

changed the channel after 10 seconds

There are drugs to help short attention spans these days.

Comment

I thought it was Pee Wee Herman at first in the white suit...
                          Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

They skipped over Toronto and Ontario.
                            Rush was supposed to play "Closer to the Heart", and the segment was going to have an edgy, urban theme, with the projection sheets looking like high-rise buildings, and the CN Tower, with the floor looking like both the city streets and Lake Ontario.
                            It was cut because it was "too upbeat" for the somber mood they wanted to keep...which is ****************ing stupid, IMO.
                            Music -

My band: http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband

Comment

I thought it was Pee Wee Herman at first in the white suit...

I thought it was Steve Perry, after raiding David Byrne's closet.
                              Music -

My band: http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband

Comment

Love k.d. lang, but it's kind of like Jimi Hendrix and "All Along the Watchtower" - Jeff Buckley now owns the song as far as I'm concerned.
                                ]] message board @ www.chipmcdonald.com [[
                                "big assed windbag" - Bruce Swedien
                                "People are not only strange, but stranger than you can imagine" - Jim C. Morrison-Clarke

Comment

Working...
                                X