Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think will take long. If it's unrequited, if I'm having to "make the case" or feeling a need to force resolution so much as someone said, then it wasn't really love. Therefore it will be easier to get over. It's harder on the other person, really. And yeah, oddly enough it came during a very climactic transitional period.

Also...I think she might be gayer than a handbag full of unicorns and some sort of narcissist too. LOL. I can pick em!

Comment

Mama.

Where are you?

Comment

I completely agree with you Beck. When I met my wife, it was the easiest and the most awarding experience in my life. Even now... I`ve been with her for 12 years and I think she loves me more than ever and I`m still trying to figure that one out.

That's very cool, Ernest.
        "Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground."
        ~John Lennon

Comment

It's harder on the other person, really. And yeah, oddly enough it came during a very climactic transitional period.

Yes it is, or at least it is for some of us. One of my saddest memories is having to make a break with a girl that didn
          ~John Lennon

Comment

It's in no way her obligation to reply or even acknowledge it. YOU are responsible for your feelings.

Consider that she might not give a hoot. Consider also that your question might have shaken her to her core, rendering her unable to reply. Or anything in-between.... regardless, your feelings are not her responsibility.
            You guys are quite wise. I think she's been dicking me around. That's the worst, when they're mad that you would dare be into them. I asked her a simple question almost a week ago, one I need to know and I know she's read it. It was short and sweet, ended with: "I don't what you see me as. How do you see me?". No response, not even the dreaded "I don't know".

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

It's in no way her obligation to reply or even acknowledge it. YOU are responsible for your feelings.

Consider that she might not give a hoot. Consider also that your question might have shaken her to her core, rendering her unable to reply. Or anything in-between.... regardless, your feelings are not her responsibility.

True...this is a strange thing though. I think I've been sharing my emotions for years with a narcissist. She gives mixed signals, talks about very sexual things, then totally changes course. She lies...said her ex broke up with her, but turns out the opposite is true. She keeps him in the lurch pining, while she does whatever. Acts like an infant, often comes to people for emotional support, but never reciprocates...can't, really. Severely lacking in empathy. Negative, cynical, devious, little to no sense of humor. Gets more angry at trivial differences than anyone should. Gets angry at innocent comments or suggestions. Always always always has to be right, despite what the consequences are in proving so. VERY sensitive to personal critique, but VERY critical of others. Exploitative, yet easily exploited. It's sad.

Comment

After my divorce, the very first lady I started dating fell very much in love with me - to the point where she was initiating conversations about "future plans". While she was very pretty, gave me plenty of attention, and was a sweet girl, I could see the spark starting to fade quickly after only several weeks. She was kind of a homebody and unadventerous.
                But the worst thing, to me, was that this girl's cd collection consisted of Michael Bolton, Phil Collins, Celine Dion, Kenny G, and others of that ilk.
                I totally could not reconcile that...I could only imagine nightmarish car trips to the beach or the mountains, or even just going to the store, having to listen to that kind of music. Shallow, maybe... but some semblance of musical compatibility is important to me.
                So I broke it off, and broke that girls heart, and yes, I felt like a complete bastard, but it was best to shut that relationship down.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Music -<br />
                <br />
                My band: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband</a></div>

Comment

Wow. I really feel bad for these ladies that people have mentioned in this thread!!

Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

This is my signature. No one would ever know, though, because it looks just like my post. :failol:

Comment

True...this is a strange thing though. I think I've been sharing my emotions for years with a narcissist. She gives mixed signals, talks about very sexual things, then totally changes course. She lies...said her ex broke up with her, but turns out the opposite is true. She keeps him in the lurch pining, while she gets down with her swinger employers. Acts like an infant, often comes to people for emotional support, but never reciprocates...can't, really. Severely lacking in empathy. Negative, cynical, devious, little to no sense of humor. Gets more angry at trivial differences than anyone should. Gets angry at innocent comments or suggestions. Always always always has to be right, despite what the consequences are in proving so. VERY sensitive to personal critique, but VERY critical of others. Exploitative, yet easily exploited. It's sad.

I knew a girl like this... she answered to the name, "Go Away."
                      ~John Lennon

Comment

Yes it is, or at least it is for some of us. One of my saddest memories is having to make a break with a girl that didn

Comment

Hmmm, I`ve been on both ends and it was far worse to be denied than to deny. Guess it depends.

Yeah I agree it depends... I almost killed myself over a girl when I was 19... no kidding. Not only that, but I didn't really get over her for about three years even though I dated quite a bit during that time. Really wasn't until almost 5 years that I met someone that overshadowed her. That's a long time at that age.

Still, the pain of others has the most impact on me. I guess I'm the sort that can deal with the sight of my own blood better than another person's blood. Yet I believe one has to feel intense pain to develop empathy. So I know the pain and wouldn't wish it on anyone... maybe that says it best. It doesn't mean I can do anything about the person's pain however. It also doesn
                          ~John Lennon

Comment

Yeah I agree it depends... I almost killed myself over a girl when I was 19... no kidding. Not only that, but I didn't really get over her for about three years even though I dated quite a bit during that time. Really wasn't until almost 5 years that I met someone that overshadowed her. That's a long time at that age.

But then that wasn
                            ~John Lennon

Comment

3. Telling a girl we needed to spend some time apart when she knew deep inside that time apart would be forever. She held me, wouldn

Comment

Also... I think she might be gayer than a handbag full of unicorns and some sort of narcissist too. LOL. I can pick em!

I've known lots of confused women, as friends and otherwise. Many people have been through lots of crap, but don't really know just how much crap they've been through and have never been to counseling or even recognized their state of mind as unhealthy.

I think sometimes we wrongly assume people are reacting only to us, when we have little or noting to do with how they feel about anything. So as I mentioned before you try not to take it personally. A person doesn't have to be all that old in years either to be totally messed up. I've known girls that were already so damaged by age 17 or 18 they were too spooky. Oh maybe fun for a while like a ride at Six Flags, but you want to get off of the ride eventually if not sooner.

When I was younger I didn't know why some girls acted the way they did, other than the normal strange ways women have. Find out later they were molested by father or relatives and perhaps otherwise physically and emotionally abused as children. So it's like trying to pet a dog that's been beaten... you raise your hand to pet them (figuratively speaking) and they flinch. They aren't reacting to you, but rather the previous owner. I don
                                ~John Lennon

Comment

• Working...
                                  X