New Phil O'Keefe/SSR Studio site

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

http://ssrstudio.com/

I'm here to brag about my pal, a guy you may know as Phil O'Keefe. He worked with one of the world's leading web designers (cough) and made a new site for his studio, Sound Sanctuary recording. It includes...

- Audio samples of stuff that's been recorded there

- Complete lists of gear and descriptions/photos of the rooms

- Info/tips/terms for recording at Sound Sanctuary

- FAQs, testimonials, and contact info

Please check it out! On a related note, if you're anywhere in Southern California and have been thinking about recording in a "real" studio, you MUST consider recording at SSR. Remember, I speak from experience, having done my entire last album there. Tell Phil I sent you. :D

Let's put it like this... if you want a place where people wear suits, and a gofer charges you $50 for a sandwich, and no one cares about you (except to make sure you're out of the studio on time), then don't record at Sound Sanctuary. If you want to do the best work of your life at a place that's totally casual, very fun, and unbelievably affordable, where the staff goes WAY above and beyond what you expect to make your music sound great, then talk to Phil!

Hey , I was wondering,... I have this tape here and I'm sure there's evidence on it that my wife is cheating but I can't tell for sure.

Is there anyway this studio can help me get the sound more clear?

Read the FAQ Booshie! :cop:;)

I seriously get that question probably a half a dozen times a year... :facepalm::lol:

• Members

I'm sure we could work something out for you... but it's going to be one heck of a commute for you, isn't it?
;)

No problemo...I can crash at your place and I get excellent mileage on the '79 Maverick...

I'm THERE Dude! :thu:

California, Here I come!

See ya inna few days....

Oh, BTW I'm bringing my own food...

(Sam's Club size container of Country Time Lemonade and a 48 pack box of Top Ramen.)

• Members

Let's put it like this... if you want a place where people wear suits, and a gofer charges you $50 for a sandwich, and no one cares about you (except to make sure you're out of the studio on time), then don't record at Sound Sanctuary. If you want to do the best work of your life at a place that's totally casual, very fun, and unbelievably affordable, where the staff goes WAY above and beyond what you expect to make your music sound great, then talk to Phil!

How much is it if Phil wears a suit and makes sandwiches?

Okay, but the "making sandwiches" thing could be a go?

Sure dude... I'll make you a sammich any time. But it's going to be made in my kitchen, and I'm not going to charge you fifty bucks for it. ;)

Of course, if you want something from a local shop, you can always run down the street and get it yourself, or maybe we could get Sandy to do it if we ask really nice...

• Members

Skip the sandwich and order from Pirate Pizza. Mmmm-mmm-MMMM!

That place fueled my entire album. That and the 18 bags of junk food we brought with us to each session.
:lol:

Yeah, I probably gained a few pounds just from the almonds and Doritos you guys brought!

Phil has this good Mexican restaurant nearby as well!!!

• Members

Which reminds me... I REALLY need to get one of those Mercenary Audio "Four Food Groups Of Studio Recording" t-shirts.
:lol:

I love those shirts. I have one of those, and I try and wear it every time I do drums. Brings me good luck.

Jose's. Couldn't remember the name. Yummy stuff. It'd be hard to live without Mexican food! :D

Congrats on the new website. This is a huge improvement, and really reflects the relaxed, laid back but professional atmosphere that you and your studio have. Very cool. Jeff did a great job.

Archived