Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Phil O'Keefe/SSR Studio site

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna have to stop you right there. You only get to see Phil in a suit if you're a judge or a corpse.

Okay, but the "making sandwiches" thing could be a go?
    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Okay, but the "making sandwiches" thing could be a go?

Sure dude... I'll make you a sammich any time. But it's going to be made in my kitchen, and I'm not going to charge you fifty bucks for it.

Of course, if you want something from a local shop, you can always run down the street and get it yourself, or maybe we could get Sandy to do it if we ask really nice...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Skip the sandwich and order from Pirate Pizza. Mmmm-mmm-MMMM!

That place fueled my entire album. That and the 18 bags of junk food we brought with us to each session.
        Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

Very nice, Gentlemen!
          Botch
          Start by admitting, From cradle to tomb,
          Isn't that long a stay.
          Life is a cabaret, old chum, and I love a cabaret...

Comment

And of course, it has VU meters.

Of course, if you have some hack like me master your stuff, you'll only see the top 6 dB of the meter work after my wavespanking is done.
            Support Live Music!

Comment

Skip the sandwich and order from Pirate Pizza. Mmmm-mmm-MMMM!

That place fueled my entire album. That and the 18 bags of junk food we brought with us to each session.

Yeah, I probably gained a few pounds just from the almonds and Doritos you guys brought!

Phil has this good Mexican restaurant nearby as well!!!
              Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Yeah, I really like Jose's. We used to eat there once a week on a fairly regular basis. And Pizza Pirates does make a darned fine pizza.

And yes, those who bring bags of assorted junk food and beverages shall always be welcomed here.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

And yes, those who bring bags of assorted junk food and beverages shall always be welcomed here.

Which reminds me... I REALLY need to get one of those Mercenary Audio "Four Food Groups Of Studio Recording" t-shirts.

- George Carlin

Comment

Sorry, but I only see one Lava lamp. I'm sure this is just an oversite and that this situation will be corrected immediatley!

Comment

Which reminds me... I REALLY need to get one of those Mercenary Audio "Four Food Groups Of Studio Recording" t-shirts.

I love those shirts. I have one of those, and I try and wear it every time I do drums. Brings me good luck.

Jose's. Couldn't remember the name. Yummy stuff. It'd be hard to live without Mexican food!

Congrats on the new website. This is a huge improvement, and really reflects the relaxed, laid back but professional atmosphere that you and your studio have. Very cool. Jeff did a great job.

Comment

Sorry, but I only see one Lava lamp. I'm sure this is just an oversite and that this situation will be corrected immediatley!

There's actually two of them.

- George Carlin

Comment

OK, I'm sure Mixerman would be proud. There is no need for tapestries though!

Comment

It'd be hard to live without Mexican food!

I do it for three weeks sometimes to give my third eye some rest.
                            Don't Eat The Yellow Snow. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.

Comment

There's actually two of them.

Yeah, Phil upgraded to stereo lava lamps awhile back. Some traditionalists prefer the mono lamp, but I prefer some width in my psychedelia.
                              Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

Nice job!

The studio looks very inviting.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Working...
                                X