Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phil O'Keefe/SSR Studio site

http://ssrstudio.com/

I'm here to brag about my pal, a guy you may know as Phil O'Keefe. He worked with one of the world's leading web designers (cough) and made a new site for his studio, Sound Sanctuary recording. It includes...

- Audio samples of stuff that's been recorded there
    - Complete lists of gear and descriptions/photos of the rooms
    - Info/tips/terms for recording at Sound Sanctuary
    - FAQs, testimonials, and contact info

Please check it out! On a related note, if you're anywhere in Southern California and have been thinking about recording in a "real" studio, you MUST consider recording at SSR. Remember, I speak from experience, having done my entire last album there. Tell Phil I sent you.

Let's put it like this... if you want a place where people wear suits, and a gofer charges you $50 for a sandwich, and no one cares about you (except to make sure you're out of the studio on time), then don't record at Sound Sanctuary. If you want to do the best work of your life at a place that's totally casual, very fun, and unbelievably affordable, where the staff goes WAY above and beyond what you expect to make your music sound great, then talk to Phil!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Friendly, cool-looking, and expertly put together. And of course, it has VU meters. Clearly this website is done by an amazing talent.

And yes, Phil's studio is exactly as Jeff describes it. hil:
    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Nice! The studio looks like a warm & inviting place to work! :thu:

Comment

Nice! The studio looks like a warm & inviting place to work! :thu:

That it is, and the web design shows it.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Still Kickin' cancer's ass....<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bwsvw.org">Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam War</a><br><br>HCGB Trooper #246<br><br>Psalm 19 Society<br><br><div class="bbcode_quote"><br><div class="quote_container"><br><div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div><br><br>I can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.<br><br></div><br></div><br></div>Thanks Offy

Comment

Hey , I was wondering,... I have this tape here and I'm sure there's evidence on it that my wife is cheating but I can't tell for sure.
            Is there anyway this studio can help me get the sound more clear?
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.<div align="center">Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.</div></div>

Comment

Dulce!
              Uh, Phil.... pssst.... do you have any 'early bird' specials?
              <div class="signaturecontainer">In the Kingdom of the Blind, the One-eyed Man is King.</div>

Comment

Hey , I was wondering,... I have this tape here and I'm sure there's evidence on it that my wife is cheating but I can't tell for sure.

you can do it yourself...just hit the Dolby switch:thu:
                <div class="signaturecontainer">In the Kingdom of the Blind, the One-eyed Man is King.</div>

Comment

Read the FAQ Booshie! :cop:

I seriously get that question probably a half a dozen times a year... :facepalm: :lol:

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I'm sure we could work something out for you... but it's going to be one heck of a commute for you, isn't it?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

I'm sure we could work something out for you... but it's going to be one heck of a commute for you, isn't it?

No problemo...I can crash at your place and I get excellent mileage on the '79 Maverick...
                      I'm THERE Dude! :thu:
                      California, Here I come!

See ya inna few days....
                      Oh, BTW I'm bringing my own food...
                      (Sam's Club size container of Country Time Lemonade and a 48 pack box of Top Ramen.)

Comment

http://ssrstudio.com/

Let's put it like this... if you want a place where people wear suits, and a gofer charges you $50 for a sandwich, and no one cares about you (except to make sure you're out of the studio on time), then don't record at Sound Sanctuary. If you want to do the best work of your life at a place that's totally casual, very fun, and unbelievably affordable, where the staff goes WAY above and beyond what you expect to make your music sound great, then talk to Phil!

How much is it if Phil wears a suit and makes sandwiches?
                        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

How much is it if Phil wears a suit-

I'm gonna have to stop you right there. You only get to see Phil in a suit if you're a judge or a corpse. :lol:
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Comment

I'm gonna have to stop you right there. You only get to see Phil in a suit if you're a judge or a corpse. :lol:

:lol:

Ohhh sooo true!

- George Carlin

Comment

Fabulous site, gents! Bravo!
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"> <br />
                              <font color="blue"><b><font color="olive"><font color="sienna"><font color="purple">Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. </font> </font></font><font color="olive">Wayne Thiebaud</font></b></font><br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <b><font color="#808000"><font color="blue"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/rasputin1963/info" target="_blank">Friend me on FACEBOOK!</a> </font></font></b><br />
                              <font color="#808000"> <br />
                              <br />
                              </font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X