Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of this single?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I point out that the OP isn't reading any of this?

He is too busy working on his next single that will be done in a few years.
    About me
    johnpbarton.bandcamp.com
    Upcoming gigs

I am smarter than 90.83% of the rest of the world.
    Find out how smart you are.

Originally Posted by Lee Knight

Yep. And be sure to clear the trash cans when you jump off the garage roof. Up, up and awahhhh****************

Comment

This just got distributed to iTunes after an arduous several year process of bedroom performance and mastering.

The style is ambient/blues.. if you like it buy it.. if you don't like it, buy it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sublimation/id353432107
      Hey there; Welcome. People usually post their music on the "Is your music any good" thread at the top of the page. Try putting it there and you may get a better response.

Good luck.
      "It's all good; except when it's Great."

www.jotown.com

Comment

Hey there; Welcome. People usually post their music on the "Is your music any good" thread at the top of the page. Try putting it there and you may get a better response.

Good luck.
        Shhhh... don't give away all the secrets of this place.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Good luck.

You're no fun anymore.
          About me
          johnpbarton.bandcamp.com
          Upcoming gigs

I am smarter than 90.83% of the rest of the world.
          Find out how smart you are.

Originally Posted by Lee Knight

Yep. And be sure to clear the trash cans when you jump off the garage roof. Up, up and awahhhh****************

Comment

If you think this is anything less then genuine, you are SERIOUSLY mistaken. I'm graduating with a BS in music

I listened to it.
            I didn't hear the slightest hint of blues...lots of "ambience", though.
            Sorta like the Fuzak they play during "Local on the 8's" on the Weather Channel.
            If that's what you were shooting for, then umm...good job, I guess.
            You don't learn the blues in school, dude, unless it's the school of hard knocks.
            But this is obviously lost on you, seeing how you describe your music as ambient blues, yet there is not a trace of blues in the song.
            You want to hear some blues? - listen to the clip in my sig line.
            Music -

My band: http://www.facebook.com/drfeelgoodband

Comment

This thread can be summed up in one word:

OUCH!!!

Comment

You guys are funny. There was no clear 1-4-5 progression so it's not blues.

No soul obviously either, because of my guerrilla marketing and my young foolishness.

Listen up, I may have made the false assumption that people are more concerned with music then with forum seniority. If you don't like the preview buy it, if you like it, go ahead and buy it-- in either case I've taken nothing away from the forum regulars.

As you were.

Comment

I admire your tenacity fella. Best of luck to you!

Comment

If you don't like the preview buy it, if you like it, go ahead and buy it-- in either case I've taken nothing away from the forum regulars.

Buy mine first, and then everyone else's, and then we'll buy yours.

Maybe.
                    Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

If you don't like the preview buy it. As you were.
                      At ease soldier. Your dismissed.
                      "If Obama wins a second term I will leave the forum". - Visconti

Comment

Buy mine first, and then everyone else's, and then we'll buy yours.

Maybe.

Ah.. I see what you did there. If I like your ****************, I'll buy it. At the same time, I didn't dig up Jaco's corpse when I bought Portrait of Tracy and demand that he buy my song. If you like it then buy it.

If you don't like it, feel free to write me a harsh review, or a death threat. ****************, I'll give you the address to the bar I'll be at tonight and you can try to kick my ass.. I promise to get drunk as **************** too.

Comment

This just got distributed to iTunes after an arduous several year process of bedroom performance and mastering.

The style is ambient/blues.. if you like it buy it.. if you don't like it, buy it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sublimation/id353432107

Hey Siva,
                          I like what I`m hearing but I have to tell you, coming on HC for the first time and pushing your stuff is going to be read as SPAM. I`m not sure what everyone has said but I can tell you, this is a good place to share your music and collaborate from time to time with people but you`re going about it the wrong way. Good luck with your project and I hope you stick around after the arguing thats bound to happen (or has already), you seem to know what you`re doing and we all learn from each other.

Comment

****************, I'll give you the address to the bar I'll be at tonight and you can try to kick my ass.. I promise to get drunk as **************** too.

Oh man... is that necessary? Lets try to be civil. I understand you`re pissed. You worked your tail off in school, sweated over your craft and wrote a decent tune and then found out the battle had just begun! Join the group mate.

Pull up a seat, lets order some beers and share stories. No reason to get violent. After a bit, we`ll head over to the jukebox, slap in some quarters and groove to some Zak Claxton and some Saul T Nads!

And about that call to arms... we`ll be laughing it over after a few rounds.

Comment

And about that call to arms... we`ll be laughing it over after a few rounds.

I'm already laughing! if I'd known how entertaining Sivy was gonna be, I'd wish he'd popped up long ago.

I still haven't clicked his link, but I'll just take everyone else's word for his review. Meanwhile, Sivy, here's some Ernest Buckley music to check out. Your next assignment will be another SSS musician to be determined after we hear your thoughts on Mr. Buckley's tunes.
                              Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

You guys are funny. There was no clear 1-4-5 progression so it's not blues.

No soul obviously either, because of my guerrilla marketing and my young foolishness.

Listen up, I may have made the false assumption that people are more concerned with music then with forum seniority. If you don't like the preview buy it, if you like it, go ahead and buy it-- in either case I've taken nothing away from the forum regulars.

As you were.

Guys with Seniority on this site tend to get uptight when after numerous threads pushing their own musical endeavors (no matter how thin a veil they employ) seem to dwindle after the obligatory 'pat on the back' doesn't go far enough and tend to be less tolerant of a 'Noob'

Listen to 'Blue to Blue' he is a smart, knowing, and completely non-judgmental guy...

Everyone always denies the fact that a clique exists on this site...but in reality ...it does.

Out of courtesy, I listened to you music, and I will reserve comment until I hear more.
                                Good point about taking away nothing from the forum regulars...indeed you seemed to started a little Beehive of territorial protectiveness...kinda refreshing

'As you were' your words...former Military?

Good Luck with your music.
                                In the Kingdom of the Blind, the One-eyed Man is King.

Comment

Working...
                                X