ABBA in, still no Rush

• Members

lol @ Craig. I knew it was something like that.

I did hear Dancing Queen on the radio the other day and did my best Travolta dance (while still trying to safely operate the motor vehicle). ;)

As long as the Rush fans have been getting pissed about this thing, I'd venture a guess the HOF committee does it on purpose, so we can all get a good laugh. :)

• Members

Even if you say prog doesn't belong and therefore don't include Rush, there remains an incredibly glaring omission:

Highway Star

Smoke on the Water

For those two songs alone, Deep Purple would deserve entry. Highway Star still rocks as hard as anything ever written, and SOTW remains the first thing every aspiring rock guitarist ever tries to play.

Yet ABBA is now in the RnR HoF.

:lol:

• Members

I thought about becoming a dancing queen, but the hormones scared me off.

All awards have some element of dicey politics. In the prog category, it seems that a lot was pretty much left out. I know a couple of guys from the original lineup of Kansas, who also are not in the HoF, and to compare them to ABBA, well, it's just not close IMHO.

• Members

This thing was a joke from the word go, I cannot understand why people pay any attention at all. (But glad to see Iggy & the Stooges finally made it. :D )

FWIW, here's an article suggesting that the "pickings are getting slim" and that future years may see more catch-up and fill-in, so there's always hope for Rush. Here are the arguable top names that become eligible next time: Indigo Girls, Megadeth and Faith No More.

So, maybe 2011 will be Rush's year.

:D

Archived