Thanks Very Much for Trying, But I'm Moving Back Here to 1.0

• Members

I've really tried to make 2.0 work, and I appreciate that many of you have, too. But when given a chance to compare the two forums side-by-side, it's obvious which one gives a better user experience.

The current situation is clearly unacceptable. I've been working behind the scenes with Jon Chappell on presenting a solution to HC management. We think we've come up with the best one possible given the circumstances, and so do they...once the details are ironed out next week, we'll be making an announcement.

I really can't say anything more right now as there are a few remaining issues that need to be resolved. But suffice it to say it's a solution that's very similar to what has been proposed many times by the HC community and the moderators, so I think this situation will be turned around, and soon.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried to settle in there and made several posts. But, I can't navigate the place.

I program vBulletin forums for a living. So yeah, I know this board better. But that software over there is just missing too many key elements of what most forums have available regarding navigation.

Maybe I just can't find them? But I gave it a fair try.

• Members

I've really tried to make 2.0 work, and I appreciate that many of you have, too. But when given a chance to compare the two forums side-by-side, it's obvious which one gives a better user experience.

The current situation is clearly unacceptable. I've been working behind the scenes with Jon Chappell on presenting a solution to HC management. We think we've come up with the best one possible given the circumstances, and so do they...once the details are ironed out next week, we'll be making an announcement.

I really can't say anything more right now as there are a few remaining issues that need to be resolved. But suffice it to say it's a solution that's very similar to what has been proposed many times by the HC community and the moderators, so I think this situation will be turned around, and soon.

:thu:

• Members

I tried as hard as I could and I really appreciated the color change a day or so ago (though still bland), but the platform is just slow. And you can't fix that. I really did like the "potential" factor and hope that a new solution will still try to move in the same forward direction.

I can't help but mention that vBulletin has what appears to be a CMS/forum hybrid that looks like it would do the trick. Funny how we're all vBulletin salesmen now. ;)

I'm really sorry you have had to go through this, Craig. If there's one thing none of us need, it's more drama and stress. And all the assholes that trashed you out and questioned your integrity we're out of line. :)

• Moderators

I will note that this has been one hell of a ride. You don't get good quality entertainment like this on other forums. Who needs cable when you have HC?
:)

Forums run much faster now with >50% casualties. :cry:

Hopefully some will return over time. :)

Terry D.

• Members

I tried as hard as I could and I really appreciated the color change a day or so ago (though still bland), but the platform is just slow. And you can't fix that. I really did like the "potential" factor and hope that a new solution will still try to move in the same forward direction.

I can't help but mention that vBulletin has what appears to be a CMS/forum hybrid that looks like it would do the trick. Funny how we're all vBulletin salesmen now.
;)

I'm really sorry you have had to go through this, Craig. If there's one thing none of us need, it's more drama and stress. And all the
assholes
that trashed you out and questioned your integrity we're out of line.
:)

many of us stood up for craig even though we didnt like the new format. craig knows who has his back and it is us who have said back.

• Members

I'm glad to hear this, I hope the forums can be what they once were, with the improvements that HC is trying to make and without the bugs....

But suffice is to say, I still think HC is happy with the fact that they've pretty much killed OJ, which to everybody here seems to be some kind of drag on their sensibilities.

Their relentless downplaying of one of HC's most trafficked forums shows me what they really care about.....

Thanks for marginalizing us Anderton and HC, it's why we won't be back as steady contributers or spend our money at Musician's Friend....

• Members

I liked a lot of things about the new format, but there were just sooooo many bugs, albeit most of the ones I experienced were small. Still, for every person like me who could for the most part navigate the site, there were a truckload of those who couldn't, for whatever reason, and if the site can't be made to work reliable for the majority, well, SOMEthing has to be done. And as much as I like a lot of the new features.... seriously, ANY small change they made at the Jive site would take days for them to actually implement, like it was a pain to program it or something. I dunno. I just want to see the community back to where it was before, regardless of what format it is on.

• Members

I think you give yourselves to much credit. (OJ)

Any basis for these theories, other than a vivid imagination?

Give ourselves too much credit?....who the {censored} is giving anybody any credit, you sure's to {censored} ain't so as far as I'm concerned, you don't really need to worry about it, now do you?

The numbers on OJ spoke for themselves, and I've seen your sorry ass piddling around there yourself, so any argument you seem to make is pretty much null and void.....just like the importance of these forums to a lot of people that used to consider them so....

Go piss up a rope, asshole...:rolleyes:

• Members

Give ourselves too much credit?....who the {censored} is giving anybody any credit, you sure's to {censored} ain't so as far as I'm concerned, you don't really need to worry about it, now do you?

The numbers on OJ spoke for themselves, and I've seen your sorry ass piddling around there yourself, so any argument you seem to make is pretty much null and void.....just like the importance of these forums to a lot of people that used to consider them so....

Go piss up a rope, asshole...
:rolleyes:

And you wonder why HC would want to run off such a fine contribution as this?

If you'd like to continue your parade of insults, go ahead...take a number, man. :wave:

• Moderators

If this is really you, then :thu: and :cool: If it is not you, then :mad: Your ass is mine. :evil:

Archived