No announcement yet.

Thanks Very Much for Trying, But I'm Moving Back Here to 1.0

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Very Much for Trying, But I'm Moving Back Here to 1.0

I've really tried to make 2.0 work, and I appreciate that many of you have, too. But when given a chance to compare the two forums side-by-side, it's obvious which one gives a better user experience.

The current situation is clearly unacceptable. I've been working behind the scenes with Jon Chappell on presenting a solution to HC management. We think we've come up with the best one possible given the circumstances, and so do they...once the details are ironed out next week, we'll be making an announcement.

I really can't say anything more right now as there are a few remaining issues that need to be resolved. But suffice it to say it's a solution that's very similar to what has been proposed many times by the HC community and the moderators, so I think this situation will be turned around, and soon.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

I tried to settle in there and made several posts. But, I can't navigate the place.

I program vBulletin forums for a living. So yeah, I know this board better. But that software over there is just missing too many key elements of what most forums have available regarding navigation.

Maybe I just can't find them? But I gave it a fair try.
    Yamaha FGX720SCA
    Fender Stratocaster
    Mesa Express 5:25
    Roland Micro Cube
    Bikers and Bands
    For entertainment purposes only.

Comment

I've really tried to make 2.0 work, and I appreciate that many of you have, too. But when given a chance to compare the two forums side-by-side, it's obvious which one gives a better user experience.

The current situation is clearly unacceptable. I've been working behind the scenes with Jon Chappell on presenting a solution to HC management. We think we've come up with the best one possible given the circumstances, and so do they...once the details are ironed out next week, we'll be making an announcement.

I really can't say anything more right now as there are a few remaining issues that need to be resolved. But suffice it to say it's a solution that's very similar to what has been proposed many times by the HC community and the moderators, so I think this situation will be turned around, and soon.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Good to hear Craig... no one can say you didn't try. You went above and beyond to make it work.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Music is well said to be the speech of angels... nothing among the utterances allowed to man is felt to be so divine."

~Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Welcome back!

We've been waiting for you.

Terry D.

P.S. I must admit I'm wondering in the back of my mind if someone's hacked your account...
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Welcome back!

We've been waiting for you.

Terry D.

P.S. I must admit I'm wondering in the back of my mind if someone's hacked your account...

It's really me.
            Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I tried as hard as I could and I really appreciated the color change a day or so ago (though still bland), but the platform is just slow. And you can't fix that. I really did like the "potential" factor and hope that a new solution will still try to move in the same forward direction.

I can't help but mention that vBulletin has what appears to be a CMS/forum hybrid that looks like it would do the trick. Funny how we're all vBulletin salesmen now.

I'm really sorry you have had to go through this, Craig. If there's one thing none of us need, it's more drama and stress. And all the ****************************s that trashed you out and questioned your integrity we're out of line.
              RIP: Nite Owl Jazz

Comment

I will note that this has been one hell of a ride. You don't get good quality entertainment like this on other forums. Who needs cable when you have HC?

Comment

I will note that this has been one hell of a ride. You don't get good quality entertainment like this on other forums. Who needs cable when you have HC?

Forums run much faster now with >50% casualties.

Hopefully some will return over time.

Terry D.
                  Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

I was thinking more of the drama ratio.

Comment

Welcome home Craig.
                      Support Live Music!

Comment

I tried as hard as I could and I really appreciated the color change a day or so ago (though still bland), but the platform is just slow. And you can't fix that. I really did like the "potential" factor and hope that a new solution will still try to move in the same forward direction.

I can't help but mention that vBulletin has what appears to be a CMS/forum hybrid that looks like it would do the trick. Funny how we're all vBulletin salesmen now.

I'm really sorry you have had to go through this, Craig. If there's one thing none of us need, it's more drama and stress. And all the ****************************s that trashed you out and questioned your integrity we're out of line.

many of us stood up for craig even though we didnt like the new format. craig knows who has his back and it is us who have said back.
                        band status - "its complicated"

Comment

I'm glad to hear this, I hope the forums can be what they once were, with the improvements that HC is trying to make and without the bugs....

But suffice is to say, I still think HC is happy with the fact that they've pretty much killed OJ, which to everybody here seems to be some kind of drag on their sensibilities.

Their relentless downplaying of one of HC's most trafficked forums shows me what they really care about.....

Thanks for marginalizing us Anderton and HC, it's why we won't be back as steady contributers or spend our money at Musician's Friend....
                          Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all....

Comment

I think you give yourselves to much credit. (OJ)

Any basis for these theories, other than a vivid imagination?

Comment

It's really me.

Pics or your lying
                              It's been a long hard crawl to the bottom

Comment

Working...
                              X