Accessing Sound Cards via your DAW

Ernest Buckley

• Members

I have a JV1080 with two sound cards. However, I am unable to access the sounds via my DAW.

I know theres a way to pull these sound card presets up into a DAW (in my case its DP) but I don`t remember.

Can anyone help me with this?

My JV1080 has been collecting dust for months but it still works so I figured I might as well keep it in the rack.

• Members

Have you tried the manual? It looks like theres a section in chapter one on sound moduals and rollands manuals are usually pretty good on figuring that stuff out. If not maybe Rolland may have a forum or Q/A search on such things.
http://www.synthman.com/cgibin/x.cgi/roland/support/manuals/JV-1080_OM.pdf

Have you ever tried reading the Roland manuals? or Korgs? :lol:

I rather have a root canal.

Seriously, I looked in there, did not see it.

• Members

Some DAWs have a "library" of instruments so can you just select the instrument and call up patches. Others require that you enter patch names manually, after which they're stored in the program and you can call them up at will.

Sonar offers "instrument definitions" with the program, with more definitions online. As virtually all my synths have custom patches, these aren't particularly helpful as I need to create my own definitions.

• Members

My JV1080 has been collecting dust for months but it still works so I figured I might as well keep it in the rack.

The JV-1080 is a great unit. I sold the one I had quite a while back but only because I also have the XP-30 keyboard and bought a Fantom XR.

Archived