Title of "on hold" piano piece? -- CVS Pharmacy

pv88

• Members

Please share the following link (or, attachment) with everyone you know, until somebody finds a clue to solving this long standing mystery:

Umm...

An mp3 that's only 178 kb in size? Seems like a bad idea to download something like that. Maybe it's just me but...

• Members

pv88

I noticed you're posting this in a number of forums. That's considered spamming and can get you banned.

Bulletin board forums tend to have their own individual rules and customs but posting the same message in a number of forums is pretty much universally frowned on.

• Members

pv88

I noticed you're posting this in a number of forums. That's considered
spamming
and can get you banned.

Bulletin board forums tend to have their own individual rules and customs but posting the same message in a number of forums is pretty much universally frowned on.

Indeed. Although I have to say I've left this up because it's one of the more unusual thread titles ever in SSS.

• Members

Indeed. Although I have to say I've left this up because it's one of the more unusual thread titles ever in SSS.

I left it up in the Songwriting forum, too. There was a tiny slice of paranoia regarding the "please share" part being some guerrilla marketing -- but I couldn't figure out what the point of such marketing would actually be...

And it is an oddly resonant motif... half-familiar.

• Members

I have been aware of this but have never used the service...

Apparently lifehacker has, so it is probably not spam laden.

Back when record companies were thought to have money, this was thought to be a big deal.

Name that tune

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, for my next magical illusion, I will use this ordinary cell phone to identify the song now playing on this ordinary radio. Watch closely as I dial these 10 magic numbers

• Members

I have been aware of this but have never used the service...

Apparently
, so it is probably not spam laden.

Back when record companies were thought to have money, this was thought to be a big deal.

next, we can move on to the Bach cantatas used by the IRS on hold... ahh, good times.

Shazam has apps for the big 3 smartphones for a pretty accurate song recognition service with a limited free version (and a one time only pay version that has extra tagging options and such).

• Members

Why do you make the assumption "The Golden Dragon", written by Karl King, was the only song written with that title? I would presume, and this is considering I'd be interested enough in canned music compositions' titles and authors, if CVS stated the name of a song provided by a company, and that company's owner, apparently, wrote the song, the title in question would, indeed, have been what was claimed.

I'm not interested enough to check BMI, ASCAP or other PROs but I'll bet a dollar to a donut hole there are dozens of songs titled "The Golden Dragon".

• Members

I am also adding and attaching here my updated score sketch (fake book style) for anyone interested in playing the music.

The original music as performed by James Romeo was probably never written down, as such.

May I ask, where does your interest in this piece come from?

I've heard the song and never thought about it. It is strange, though, that this (with all due respect to its creators) somewhat nondescript song is probably heard by more people than Billboard number 1 hits.

I wonder who chose it to be the CVS "music on hold" and why.

Archived