My lunch with Bill

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

It's kind of like "My Dinner with Andre", except with two audio geeks, and I'm slightly less whiny than Wallace Shawn. :D

Bill Plummer, aka TinderArts, aka "bp" currently here on SSS, was here in the LA area (unfortunately to attend a memorial service), but stopped by my place when he got into town. We grabbed a little lunch at the Chinese place across the street from me, and chatted for awhile. I usually only run into Bill when we happen to be at the same trade shows (like NAMM and AES), so it was a pleasure seeing him in a more kick-back environment.

For those who don't know, Bill mastered my album, which makes me the most insignificant mastering credit he's ever done, probably. He's a helluva engineer, and has done lots of seriously high-profile gigs. I've known Bill since I was at TASCAM and Bill was doing beta testing for us with our HD recorder.

Anyway, it's always fun getting together with a fellow forumite live and in person. I recommend you do it when you can. :thu:

• Members

Bill is talented, smart, and eloquent. As a result, he has no political future
:)
but he's great to have contributing to a forum.

Craig, I guess you've never seen my posts in the political forum. :D

Jeff, it was great to see you. I hope the green screen project goes smooth for you. I'll look forward to seeing a show from your virtual MSG set.

Archived