The annual "anyone going to AES?" thread

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

I'm thinking about flying up to lovely San Francisco for a day or two and stopping by the show to say hello to some people and see some gear. It's also a good excuse to get out of town with my lady for a weekend, eat some great food, and hang out in one of my favorite cities.

The exhibits run Fri-Sun Nov. 5-7. You can get info at http://www.aes.org/ .

Anyone else planning on going? I need to check on airfare and hotel and so on to make sure I can actually afford to go (not a given in this economy), but I think I will. If you are, let me know so we can hang out.

• CMS Author

I'm going. One of the several secret VIP codes for free exhibits-only registration is 129TECH (from the regular registration page) or click here to get directly to the registration form.

Some years they have selected workshops priced a la carte, but I don't see that yet. You can look, drool, and watch for a deal.

• Members

HC will be sending me, of course. But I don't get to socialize much (okay, actually, not at all) - I go back to the hotel room aftger the show and edit videos.

You need to hire an assistant. I've even paid high school friends of my little sister 10 bucks an hour to add myspace friends for me.

Seriously, hiring assistants frees you up quite a bit and is well worth it.

Archived