harmony-central.com

genesis3

• Members

I gotta say, bookmarking HC and coming back to it occasionally,....the front page is just absolutely bland and unappealing!....It could use major snazzing up....a site this big deserves something far more appealing to click on. I actually avoid that front page because of it's blandness....

• Members

last i heard they were looking for an alternative solution to the HC2.0 format and this forum was technically supposed to be a temporary measure until a new permanent solution can be put in place

solution for the forums look or solutions for overhaul of the blandness of the front page,etc? ..or both?

• Members

I've never really been in the habit of going to the front page, but I was looking at it just now and it probably could use some images for splashes of color.

Article thumbnail images would probably go a long way. Make it optional and it would help break up the page (if every article headline had a thumbnail, it'd probably still look too homogenized -- but it would still be better than just the headlines, I think.

They could also use snippets or abstracts from the articles. The uneven lengths of the snippets (assuming they weren't all so long that they just all cut off at the limit) would also help break things up.

• Members

We're all very much aware of the home page's lack of charisma, and have been for some time...and work is in progress. We have two new people on board to help make this happen.

As to the replacement that HC 2.0 was supposed to be, the forums will be transitioning to vBulletin 4.0. The content part will be tweaked, and of course, suffice it to say we're always looking at ways to improve the site...that, y'know, actually IMPROVE it. :)

• Members

we're always looking at ways to improve the site...that, y'know, actually IMPROVE it.
:)

Maybe add a forum for newbies and/or suggestions. You might be surprised at how many people don't know how to use some of the forum features. And when people discuss a idea for something to be added or changed on the site, that can inspire other new ideas. Even if only a few of the user ideas are worth doing, that's a few more than what you had before.

On a more basic level, there doesn't seem to be a link to go from the forums to the main site. That seems worth adding.

• Members

Maybe add a forum for newbies and/or suggestions. You might be surprised at how many people don't know how to use some of the forum features. And when people discuss a idea for something to be added or changed on the site, that can inspire other new ideas. Even if only a few of the user ideas are worth doing, that's a few more than what you had before.

Agreed, but we're holding off until 4.0 hits. Otherwise, someone might make a suggestion that we can't do here, but could do there.

On a more basic level, there doesn't seem to be a link to go from the forums to the main site. That seems worth adding.

Well, if you go to the very bottom of the page, in teeny type along with "contact us" and the like, you'll see a link to "Home Page/HC Exclusive Content." That should transport you magically to the world of articles, videos, etc.

• Members

Well, if you go to the very bottom of the page, in teeny type along with "contact us" and the like, you'll see a link to "Home Page/HC Exclusive Content." That should transport you magically to the world of articles, videos, etc.

:facepalm: Doh! Now I feel silly. I'm usually the guy who explores and finds things others haven't. There it is, plain as day.

It's no teenier than the links for the control panel, faq, members list, etc. But thanks for sparing my feelings. You're very kind.

• Members

We're all very much aware of the home page's lack of charisma, and have been for some time...and work is in progress. We have two new people on board to help make this happen.

As to the replacement that HC 2.0 was supposed to be, the forums will be transitioning to vBulletin 4.0. The content part will be tweaked, and of course, suffice it to say we're always looking at ways to improve the site...that, y'know, actually IMPROVE it.
:)

Hey Craig,

I`m just hoping the powers that be "got it" when they went to HC2.0. No one here was happy with it, even though I honestly tried. This system works for the most part.

I would still love to be able to add music, video and photos at ease because right now I don`t know how to do it. :facepalm: I was able to figure it out on HC2.0 in no time. So I can see a tweak being done with this current design to make it easier to upload what I mentioned.

The funny thing is, I think I got to the home page maybe twice in all the years I`ve been here. I have your Forum book marked and just go straight to it. I figure if theres anything worth mentioning, you`ll bring it up.

• Members

The funny thing is, I think I got to the home page maybe twice in all the years I`ve been here. I have your Forum book marked and just go straight to it. I figure if theres anything worth mentioning, you`ll bring it up.

More likely I'll tweet it, actually. But you should REALLY check out the Articles library, I think there's some pretty good stuff in there. The "Organic Sound from Amp Sims" article was only posted a few weeks ago, but has over 6,000 views and a very high user rating. You should also check out some of the reviews - the Mackie Blackjack has some serious audio analysis.

Breaking news: Saw a mockup of the revised User Review interface. The main interface will be the way it was, which everybody liked, but if you go further down the page you'll find search and filtering options if you want to use those.

Finally - User Reviews will be useable again.

Archived