Cassette Tape Analogue 4-Track Recorders

Mark L

• Members

What an amazing invention!

I saved up for ages to buy my first one. Before that I used to multitrack by bouncing between mono tape recorders. Ha! I still have the tapes :D

I loved my Teczon 4x4. Recorded loads of songs on it. Here's a pic of it, together with a Hondo II guitar, Aria Pro II bass, cheap Yamaha keyboard, unnamed Spanish guitar, and a Peavey Classic 65 combo. Ah, those were the days :)

2ebbb47.jpg

• Members

I bought my first (and only) when I was about 16, used from some dude who kindly gave me a couple books on home recording along with it. It was a Tascam 424 MkII, which I still have, although it's pretty beat up. I bought it because I was too self-conscious to try playing in a band with other people, so I just sat at home and recorded terrible songs by myself.

Later I started recording friends' bands, and this is what eventually led me to go to school for audio production.

• Members

I bought my first (and only) when I was about 16, used from some dude who kindly gave me a couple books on home recording along with it. It was a Tascam 424 MkII, which I still have, although it's pretty beat up. I bought it because I was too self-conscious to try playing in a band with other people, so I just sat at home and recorded terrible songs by myself.

Later I started recording friends' bands, and this is what eventually led me to go to school for audio production.

Got a pic of it?

By the way, it's good to know you actually did something productive with your recording skills :cool:. I'm still just recording {censored} by myself, when I can be bothered

Archived