Do you mix primarily on 3D virtual screens in the air?

Bookumdano2

• Members

Ever since Apple yanked the floppy drive four years before everyone else and then (or now I should say), have zapped the hard drive out of the new Apple tv, I've been really keeping an eye on that behemoth they're building out there in Arkansas or where ever. Now... here comes the next one -

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=19799

And I guess a third is on the way and probably more.

Put two and two together, and you can see where this is going long term. I give it about four more years tops and hard drives/flash drives in any Apple mobile product will be bye-bye like on the new home-based Apple tv. It's all headed for the clouds. With speed being developed for that use next. All these gizmos are just tests for the consumer for advancing to the virtual stuff. IMO.

With the paper-thin roll-up displays and 3d holographic prototypes out there (and I give 3d with no-hardware about 7 years tops to start appearing mainstream...mainstream being mass merchandisers) ... where obviously there's no way for storage, these billion dollar "hard drives" that Apple is building out there in the south are gonna be the ticket.

Doesn't have much to do with our ancient days here in 2010, but this stuff is very exciting to me. Mixing solutions like the 3M multitouch display are sorta the final hardware incarnation era before we move out to virtual stuff. As I see it anyway.

Not that this will replace wires and boxes and faders for those who want them, but with the new Apple data centers, things seem to be kicking into very high gear. It's also interesting to sort of see how every single product Apple makes is tied together into some sort of larger , planned ecosystem.

Archived