Multitouch displays coming down in price? DAW use?

Phait

• Members

22 inch and just $300... I'd like to move some faders on the screen with my fingers.

I don`t like using touch screens.

True story... on Friday I`m in session at another studio recording drums... the studio had a controller with faders and every time I went to make a fader move, I grabbed the mouse. Its really amazing how deeply engrained its become. I could see myself doing the same thing with a touch screen.

• Members

The Viewsonic is okay but still suffers from pretty much the same limit the Apple stuff has and that is you can only use one or two fingers. That will change over time. I know that Apple will open up the ten-finger capability on their stuff as soon as they can get the battery time to also stay significantly up there to handle the power demands. Looks like it will be soon from what I've read. Maybe in the next year.

For now, I still like the 3M display as it's here now, lets you use all the fingers you want on the screen faders, and feels very responsive to me.

Once the 3M technology filters down into the $200 dollar range, we'll see the flood of products. I give that two years max at this point.

By then , the in-the-air virtual stuff will be here. The next decade is going to be a fun ride for mixing !!!

• Members

i'm far sighted. even with corrective lenses i dont want a screen that close to me at all. not even anywhere close enough to reach it comfortably.

right now i cannot reach my dual monitors with my hands unless i reach way forward; so far forward i may fall out of my chair.

just give me a surface; no touch screen.

Archived