Buffalo Springfield (acoustic) 10-23-10 Bridge School Benefit

g6120

• Members

Hi All,

Got to see the Buffalo Springfield reunite after 42 years at the Bridge School Benefit concert. Stephen Stills, Richie Furay, and Neil Young took the stage backed by bassist Rick Rosas and drummer Joe Vitale.

They played a bunch of great old songs and sounded great.

Managed to capture (3) songs on video and posted here since it was an all acoustic concert:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?p=41251160#post41251160

• Members

Loved Poco with Richie and Jimmy Messina; Big Neil fan; Steven's Manassas (did I spell that correctly?) was a great album. Messina also was involved with the third Buff.Spring. album, I believe. Think he played some bass and helped produce. He would make a great fourth to the trio mentioned. Richie used to sing a lot of Neil's songs in the beginning, if memory serves me correctly.

• Members

Count me among the Buffalo Springfield lovers! Bigtime.

Great songs. I really loved that band. It was great to see these guys get together for a good cause. And nice that it wasn't some superslick, overpracticed, ringer-laden extravaganza but just some old bandmates getting back together. Adjective no doubt duly noted. ;)

• Members

Their box set has demos of songs never released. This is one group that, no matter what, their music will always be important to me in a very personal way. I love Poco, too, I'm a big Richie fan.

Michael: I see by your post you're from Belleville, IL (Tennis Pro Jimmy Connors, also, I believe). I grew up in Belleville, NJ.

Archived