I remember when...

michaelhigh

• Members

I remember when Mr. Anderton used to do a monthly column in a music gear mag called Music Emporium in the 70's... Am I correct? (reviews of Electro-Harmonix, MXR, Tychobrahe, Morley, general electronics theory, etc.) Does anyone else remember bits of wisdon disseminated back then that shape your musicianship, gear buying habits or general knowledge? Remember, there was only one kind of rock and roll back then, wisdom and knowledge about rock gear was nil if non-existant, and Craig was learnin' up the greatly unwashed. I'll let this tea simmer a bit then recall some of my early days as a musician and gearhead starting way back in 1975.:blah:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I remember when Mr. Anderton used to do a monthly column in a music gear mag called Music Emporium in the 70's... Am I correct? (reviews of Electro-Harmonix, MXR, Tychobrahe, Morley, general electronics theory, etc.) Does anyone else remember bits of wisdon disseminated back then that shape your musicianship, gear buying habits or general knowledge? Remember, there was only one kind of rock and roll back then, wisdom and knowledge about rock gear was nil if non-existant, and Craig was learnin' up the greatly unwashed. I'll let this tea simmer a bit then recall some of my early days as a musician and gearhead starting way back in 1975.
:blah:

Bumpskee

• Members

he is still doing reviews of music gear via Musicians Friend (Editor -in Chief)

i got a recent catalog...he, as well as Jon Chappel (Senior Editor) are are 'reviewing', some 'newer' unsung gear.... 'Jet City Picovalve' amps (Chappel)

Anderton is singing the praises of 'Aquilar ARGO guitar pedals...

Seems like Dunlop, Electro-Harmonix. etc. are now letting their own techs write up their products...

Archived