My buddy is looking for online Reason 4 tutorials..

the stranger

• Members

I`m still using REASON version 4... I have
... very easy to read and gets you familiar with most of the program. Highly recommended.

Although I recently moved up to R5/R1.5 I just bought this book as well, it still applies and the price has gone down now.

The propellerhead site is extremely full of content, just click on the Substance tab.

• Members

Reason is such a deep program, I think its wonderful. I feel like it gets deeper and deeper the more I learn about it.

I put my Logic learning book aside for the time being so that I could play with the new Reason/Record programs!

Reason is one of the most facinating programs I've ever come across, if I lived to be 90 I don't think I could ever exploit it's full potential.

• Members

I put my Logic
learning
book aside for the time being so that I could
play
with the new Reason/Record programs!

Reason is one of the most facinating programs I've ever come across, if I lived to be 90 I don't think I could ever exploit it's full potential.

Yes, I agree. The fascinating thing about REASON and now RECORD, is that with each version, it gets better and deeper. It is the one thing in my studio that completely intrigues me and confounds me every time I use it. There simply is no end to its potential.

Now just to throw you a curve ball, have you tried working with RECYCLE... where you can create your own samples? :D

IMO, REASON and RECORD are destined to overcome most DAWs within 10 years. The combination of the two programs working side by side so flawlessly changes the game. Once you start using these programs, its hard to go back.

• Members

IMO, REASON and RECORD are destined to overcome most DAWs within 10 years. The combination of the two programs working side by side so flawlessly changes the game. Once you start using these programs, its hard to go back.

I would tend to agree. With the Combinator I've created (a couple Redrums to pattern control a Kong) I can quickly get a huge variety of beats going more quickly than I can with Logic and it's gigabytes of loops.

• Members

My favorite Reason book, in fact I think one of the best third party books in general, is Kur Kurosaki's Power Tools for Reason. IIRC it relates to version 3, but nothing in the book is irrelevant to later versions. It goes really deep into cool applications, and is far more than just a restatement of the documentation that comes with Reason.

• Members

Keep 'em coming, guys. What's funny is I told him I started a thread here (stating it was probably the best place to ask the question) and he asked "Who's Craig Anderton?".
:)

As my daughter says, "My dad is very very famous among a very very small group of people." That's about right :)

But different people know me for different things. The funniest story along those lines was going up the escalator at Musik Messe one day, and three kids are on the down escalator. They see me and start saying "Roxy! Roxy! Roxy!!" and playing air guitar. All they knew about me was that I was the guy who stood on top of the bar at the Roxy club in Cologne, Germany, and did weirdass feedback guitar things.

• Members

As my daughter says, "My dad is very very famous among a very very small group of people." That's about right
:)

My first impression of Craig: the guy who wrote my textbook for a college class in the late-80s on music synthesis. So it was, "Oh {censored}, I need to study for that test! Can I borrow your Anderton book?"

• Members

My favorite Reason book, in fact I think one of the best third party books in general, is Kur Kurosaki's Power Tools for Reason. IIRC it relates to version 3, but nothing in the book is irrelevant to later versions. It goes really deep into cool applications, and is
far
more than just a restatement of the documentation that comes with Reason.

Yes, thats another good one and it goes a lot deeper than the one I mentioned above.

Archived