Legacy Harmony-Central reviews - where are they?

pbognar

• Members

i dont think that this is the correct place to post these but i miss the reviews too, did they really just delete this, is like burning down an old library.

btw, just registered on the forum but cant find the "search" function, so i found this via google. Also i could not find any contact email address for harmony central to ask them about the reviews pages

• Moderators

Chain of command? :lol:

From the IT geeks:

"Our current navigation and organization of user reviews is in the process of redesign. Rest assured, all reviews are in place."

I know they are migrating tons of material for the next iteration of vB... and this will also give us a working search...:wave:

Beyond that, the mods are not much better informed than the forumites.

DM

Craig's the Editor In Chief. Jon is the Senior Editor. I am but a lowly Associate Editor, and as such, I don't know squat. :o;)

IT's working on stuff guys. Hang tight - no one is deleting the User Reviews; indeed, they're trying to reorganize them so they can be accessed and searched easier than has been the case recently...

• Members

Craig's the Editor In Chief. Jon is the Senior Editor. I am but a lowly Associate Editor, and as such, I don't know squat.
:o;)

IT's working on stuff guys. Hang tight - no one is deleting the User Reviews; indeed, they're trying to reorganize them so they can be accessed and searched easier than has been the case recently...

Well, that's a welcome relief! :phil:

• Members

Hi guys,

Newbie here, so I apologize if this is not the best place for this, but I couldn't find anywhere else where someone has asked about the user reviews. Mods: Feel free to move this to the correct location or let me know where that is and I'll post there.

The user reviews used to be searchable through Google. Now when you find something and click the link it goes to http://www.harmonycentral.com/user-reviews/

Quite a while ago HC went through this same thing: they revamped the site and no one could get to the user reviews from the old links. After much complaining from the community the user reviews came back, with a link to add new reviews to the new beta site.

Last week I couldn't get to the reviews at all - could not connect to server error.

Today when I followed a link from Google I got to the above link and not the actual review.

This is a rather large issue. When I look for reviews on guitar gear HC is almost always the first hit on Google. But, if those links go away that Google rank will go away.

This is the same argument I raised last time (I had to sign up again, not sure why).

I prefer the older user review format, as did many others in the first round of complaints, but as long as I can get to them from the original links it means I'll be able to find them the same way.

Hopefully this gets resolved.

Thanks

Archived