Dear Mr Knob's

Huh?

• Moderators

Dude.....at the rate you are going.....I figure you got maybe 3 days.....or less.

Wow!

I actually have made more posts than what shows.

Back in the old days when SLEHMAN was der fuhrer here, I had made some stupid vow that when my post counter showed 10,000 I'd leave the forums and do something more productive with my time. That seemed safe at the time I said it, 10k was far away.

Well, the days passed and I found myself nearing 10k, and my enemies reminded me of my vow. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to break my vow either.

So, each time I got within 10 posts of 10k, I'd delete 100 posts. This went on for about a year, then one day I had a PM from SLEHMAN in my box and he wanted to know WTF I was deleting posts for, said people had complained (I guess the people in my deleted threads). I told him, and with his usual decisiveness and wisdom of Solomon, he set my post count to 10,001 posts. He said, "There. Your post counter will never say 10,000 posts, you skipped that number. Now cut the crap if you want to stay!" :eek:

So yeah, I'm getting close to 70k, no biggie. I post a lot less now that I'm a moderator and now that the forums have slowed down a little. A lot of people have passed me up since I was in the top 10 list. :idk:

Terry D.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about needing to change my "location." I put that there as an easy, hopefully humorous way to document my post count pre HC 2.0 in case Jivesoft lost everyone's post count as HC did quite a while back. I guess the crisis has passed since abandoned Jive forums and upgraded to the new vB.

• Members

This is a very sad story :confused:

I actually have made more posts than what shows.

Back in the old days when SLEHMAN was der fuhrer here, I had made some stupid vow that when my post counter showed 10,000 I'd leave the forums and do something more productive with my time. That seemed safe at the time I said it, 10k was far away.

Well, the days passed and I found myself nearing 10k, and my enemies reminded me of my vow. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to break my vow either.

So, each time I got within 10 posts of 10k, I'd delete 100 posts. This went on for about a year, then one day I had a PM from SLEHMAN in my box and he wanted to know WTF I was deleting posts for, said people had complained (I guess the people in my deleted threads). I told him, and with his usual decisiveness and wisdom of Solomon, he set my post count to 10,001 posts. He said, "There. Your post counter will never say 10,000 posts, you skipped that number. Now cut the crap if you want to stay!"
:eek:

So yeah, I'm getting close to 70k, no biggie. I post a lot less now that I'm a moderator and now that the forums have slowed down a little. A lot of people have passed me up since I was in the top 10 list.
:idk:

Terry D.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about needing to change my "location." I put that there as an easy, hopefully humorous way to document my post count pre HC 2.0 in case Jivesoft lost everyone's post count as HC did quite a while back. I guess the crisis has passed since abandoned Jive forums and upgraded to the new vB.

• Members

A lot of people have passed me up since I was in the top 10 list.

People with more than 70,000 posts.....:eek: The most I ever got to before losing interest in a forum, or getting banned, is close to 5,000........and I thought that was a lot.

Thing is...... you can be pretty wordy....as can Blue2Blue, MikeRivers, Anderton and a few more...I tend to be wordy as well. Some guys just post tons of single smileys or a couple words....it is hard to imagine 70,000 posts where many of them are at least a few paragraphs, photo uploading and posting, a lot of thought going into it or technical stuff etc etc etc.

I'm not knocking it, quite the contrary. Just sayin'.

Archived